3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2011 4:32 AM by wpborn

Weird problem with DH55HC and Corsair Memory

wpborn

Hi,  I have the following weird problem .

I have an Intel MB DH55HC with 2 sticks of Corsair memory (TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX) each 1GB.

I started with setting up , installed win7 Ultimate without a problem. Everything worked fine.

I shut down and the next day turned the system on .. booted in windows and then bam.. blue screen of death.

I pulled out one of the memeory sticks ,then reseated it and booted up again without a problem this time.

During the day no problems. Shutdown..startup into windows without any problems.

Next day again same story.. Startup ..boot into Win7 ..bam.. BSOD.

Pulled the other memory stick then reseated it and turned back on. No problems again during the day..

Next day same problem again. This time I made a bootable USB stick with the memtest utility.

When I run the memtest I get get loads of errors.

I pull one of the stick and reseated it back then did the memtest again for about an hour... This time no problems...no errors whatsoever.

Next day same problem again.. boot.. memtest all kinds of errors... reseated memory stick ... memetest was fine..

I'm lost here I suspect the board has a problem but i'm not sure... could be the memory also.

I ruled out harddisk and CPU failure.

I'm going to try the memory in another board and see what happens.

Any other sugestions? Anyone experienced the same ?

• 1. Re: Weird problem with DH55HC and Corsair Memory
          wpborn

Ok.. Finally got a chance to continue troubleshooting...

I pulled out both memory sticks and put in one 2GB Patriot module.

(Patriot  Memory Gaming Series 4 GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 PC 3-10666 1333 MHz CAS  9-9-9-24 Enhanced Latency Dual Channel Kit PGS34G1333ELK)

Now system starts normally, also after 8hrs shutdown. It's been running fine for some days now.

So I guess this Corsair memory is not compatible with this motherboard or maybe bad.

I'll put the other Patriot stick in and see if everything keeps working fine.

Also I'm going to try the Corsair memory in another board and see what happens.

• 2. Re: Weird problem with DH55HC and Corsair Memory
            mechbob

Check the RAM volts and make sure it matches the RAM specs??

• 3. Re: Weird problem with DH55HC and Corsair Memory
              wpborn

Ok.. I finally bought 2 new Patriot Sticks

(Patriot  Memory Gaming Series 4 GB (2 x  2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 PC 3-10666 1333 MHz CAS  9-9-9-24 Enhanced Latency  Dual Channel Kit PGS34G1333ELK)

These worked perfectly with the board. No issues anymore.

So I guess we can conclude that the Corsair ram sticks I bought originally are not compatible with this board.