2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2011 7:25 AM by Shoa

ICH10 Family  SMBus controller latency Problem

Shoa

Hi

I have a big problem with latency with drivers on my win7 64

The latency goes threw the roof on boot and stays there.

I have disabled everything and used startup diagonstics to load just the syatem drivers.

But the only thing that will carm the latency down some what is the SMBus controller if i disable this the latency really goes down but still way to much over head in the latency.

I do not know where to go from here to fix the problem I have the newest drivers on my system  for the SMBus I have v1.0.0.2  which was made 08/06/2010.

I get latency with the driver every 3 or 4 seconds.

But if I enable the SMBus again the resources are not enabled because it say it had a problem.

Before I disable the SMBus in device manager.

Image3.jpg

After I disable the SMBus in device manager.

Image5.jpg

As you can see there is a major differance in the results of the driver latency but not a fix for the real problem and how to find what is causing the problem.

Does anyoe have any idea what to do next, I have not touched the Bios settings to see if they make a difference because ,I do not want to mess about with the bios and make thing worse,I have a  EX58-UD5 v1 board been out 2 years now so should not be suffering from bad drivers or bios really.