3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2011 7:26 AM by Boyet

Application where the BJT is used in the reverse active region

dodoaldodo1991

Hi people, I wanted to know a couple of applications where the BJT was/is used in the reverse active region? The BJT was used in  the reverse active region in the TTL technology do we have any other application? please list me them

thank you for your time

• 1. Re: Application where the BJT is used in the reverse active region
          Boyet

If my memory serves me right, in TTL technology the BJT is operating in either two regions of its VI characteristic family of curves (saturation and cutoff region). Since it is use to mimic the mechanical switch that's the reason for the swing of its operating point in the two regions of the family of curves. But it is never operated in the active region. If this what you mean in your statement and want another application similar to this perhaps you may want to consider the switchmode power supply. Another possible application is the pushpull arrangement.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Application where the BJT is used in the reverse active region
            dodoaldodo1991

the reverse active region also know as the inverse
            this region is when emitter base junction also know as the (EBJ) is  reverse biased and the collector base junction(CBJ) is forward biased

i want some application where the Bipolar junction transistor is used in the reverse active region and not in (cutoff nor in SAT nor in ACTIVE).

i think my TTL example wasn't in its correct place

• 3. Re: Application where the BJT is used in the reverse active region
              Boyet

I haven't intentionally operate a BJT in such a condition as what you have described but I have seen others do it and the result is a disaster. I'm talking about the ordinary BJT. Perhaps you're referring to a new BJT?

Yes I think you are not in the correct forum. I don't know which forum it is.