4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2011 5:30 AM by Flying_Kiwi

Problem of Sound Driver

mirindaguys

i have a P3 PC that doesn't have sound card. I don't about the board series name. How can i find the sound driver. Board is manufactured by intel and it for p3 computer.

• 1. Re: Problem of Sound Driver
          mechbob

You will have to open the computer and look for the lable on the board.

• 2. Re: Problem of Sound Driver

that doesn't any leble or i can't get it. then what i should do?

• 3. Re: Problem of Sound Driver
              Boyet

Which board are you referring to, the motherboard or the sound card?

I'm not sure if this program work for P3 but you can give it a try. Run Intel System ID utility for the particular component in question. Or for drivers you can try the utilities to update drivers for Intel components.

• 4. Re: Problem of Sound Driver
                Flying_Kiwi

Aryan Dev wrote:

How can i find the sound driver. Board is manufactured by intel and it for p3 computer.

If it's a genuine Intel retail (not OEM) motherboard then the Intel Board ID tool (I suspect what was earlier referred to as the system ID tool) may tell you exactly what model of motherboard you have. You could download it from the Intel website but it may not cover as far back as all PIII motherboards so the outcome may not be conclusive. Otherwise you can look at the POST screen on boot and see what you can gather either from there, or by going into the BIOS setup and checking out what's shown there (without changing anything if you aren't sure what you're doing). Once you have the board make and model, it's simply a case of searching on the manufacturers website for an audio driver to suit your OS.