Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

Intel Turbo Boost Disabled?

idata
Employee

Hi, I have a Asus n61jq-x1 laptop with a Intel Core i7 720QM, running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. For some reason my Core i7 Turbo Boost wasn't working, so I reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 7 on it. After the reinstall, the turbo boost was working fine, but after like 3 hours of reinstalling some programs back on, the turbo boost monitor gadget from Intel wouldn't work properly anymore when I restarted the laptop. I don't know if my turbo boost is turned off or if it's still working or not, since the turbo boost monitoring gadget won't work. I reinstalled Windows in the first place because programs and games were sluggish due to the turbo boost not working (the Intel TB monitoring gadget wasn't working before I restored the laptop). I tried searching online to see how the hell did my turbo boost got disabled, and I didn't mess with my BIOS, so I don't know why the Intel turbo boost monitoring gadget stops working after I restart the laptop. It was working fine in the beginning and I restarted it a couple of times before and nothing happened. I'm wondering if I disabled some startup programs (i'm using ccleaner / tuneup 2011 to do that) that turbo boost might not work properly if you disable them, if that's the case? Or is the Intel monitoring gadget malfunctioning because I'm really not sure if my turbo boost is enabled or disabled right now, is there another way to check besides seeing if programs runs fast and smooth? Thanks

update: i ran msconfig and under services tab intel turbo boost was surely disabled....but it wouldn't let me re-enable it. any solutions before I have to resort to reinstalling windows again? =(

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello!

Happy New Year!

First of all. I'm not an expert and my english sucks, but I will try yo help you.

Today I turn on my computer and I ran the turbo boost gadget and it showed me an error. It asked me to reboot my computer or to reinstall the turbo gadget. So I reboot my computer and still didn't work, so I decided to reinstall the turbo gadget and now it's working perfectly

So, before you reinstall again all your OS, enter in the BIOS and look if the Turbo boost it's on or off.

To enter in the BIOS you just press (I guess) the key "supr" or the "clear" key.Then search in all the options until you find it.

I don't remember exactly the pad to get there, but I'm sure you can easy find it in google.

I hope this helps you.

Greetings!

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Uninstall your tune up program and see if your turbo boost problem goes away ??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am litterally having the same problem... i have just bought an Asus G73 laptop and when i first bought t i would play high performance games on ultra graphics settings at over 200 fps. Recently my intel boost has been staying at 1.6 ghz constantly and not fluctuating like it should. My fps has decreasted to 30 sometimes and never goes above 100 now... i have fucked with my startup's but i turned them all back on and it still doesnt work. its there a way to overclock it so it runs at 2.93 ghz contantly? Please help, losing rating due to lag! thank you! <3

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem,

I have an Asus g73jh and the monitor is showing no turbo boost and my FPS in the games have fallen dramatically.

I have looked in the bio but cannot see where to change the cpu settings please help.

0 Kudos