1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 31, 2010 1:12 AM by Ultraboss

DP55KG - Upgrade to 8GB ram BSOD non addressable memory

Ultraboss

Hi there,

just upgrade my system to 8gb of Gskill Eco 1600mhz C7 (4x2 dimms).

The Bios and Windows x64 display 8gb of ram but :

- my hiberfil.sys file takes only 6gb of disk space

- when I'm playing a game or running a ram test (Intel Burn Test or such as) I've a BSOD telling me "System try to access to non-addressable memory space" !!!

So WTF ??? my bios is up-to-date (5893), my first 4gb ram is rock stable and the new are the same. Does I need to reflash my bios ? I don't think I need to reinstall my OS when adding ram.

I read the fix issue "memory above 4GB was not available to the operating system" in the 4905 bios update and I think there is still a problem with this.

Does anyone experiencing the same issue ???

Thx

• 1. Re: DP55KG - Upgrade to 8GB ram BSOD non addressable memory
          Ultraboss

My problem seems to be resolved by increasing the ram voltage, my kit has a default voltage of 1.35V and I had to increase it to 1.40V (1.43 reported by Everest) to stabilize my OC (160mhzx10 with my first 4GB) and now I have raised it to 1.45V with 8GB !!!

I think there is a lack in the voltage memory management or in the memory controler on this board.

And there is sill a pb with the reported latency values, 7-8-7 in the bios ===> 8-8-7 in Everest or HWinfo32