8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 9:22 AM by intel-za

DX58SO update has completed successfully.

Ehren

I used the .exe to update my DX58SO bios to 5529 on Windows7 64.  Now everytime I reboot, I get the Express BIOS Update window that says, "The Express BIOS update has completed successfully."  Everytime.  How do I make this stop?

I also seem to have trouble with my logitech keyboard working where I can't use the F2 to enter the bios setup.  However, using a cheaper USB keyboard seems to work fine.

• 1. Re: DX58SO update has completed successfully.
          fsofos

I have the same problem with my logitech K350 wave keyboard. I cannot enter Bios by pressing F2. I have no solution to that.

As of your second problem my solution was to restore my pc to an earlier point in order to avoid getting "the Bios Update Completed succefully" prompt evry time i boot my system.

• 2. Re: DX58SO update has completed successfully.
            now151

go to start, and put in msconfig in search bar. may need to uncheck  box for bios in startup.

• 3. Re: DX58SO update has completed successfully.
              Ehren

Not happy with Intel.  I had to delete my local user temp folder, uncheck the startup in the msconfig, and edit the registry to remove the bios updater from the startup list.  What a pain in the !@#$^!  I hope that is all the leftovers.  It still doesn't address the nice USB keyboard no longer being able to enter bios setup.  I can live with that being I have other keyboards.  However, this bios update is really going to screw people.

• 4. Re: DX58SO update has completed successfully.
                Boyet

With regards to entering the bios setup without pressing any keys from your keyboard you can try the maintenance mode. That is power down then move the configuration jumper to 2-3 position. Power up. You will automatically be log in the bios. See if you can use your KB this time.

• 5. Re: DX58SO update has completed successfully.
                  Ehren

So you enter bios mode with the jumper and you still have a keyboard that doesn't work making it all again useless.  I tried it.  Intel just has a buggy bios and a buggy bios updater they need to fix.  Bottom line.  What worked before doesn't now.

• 6. Re: DX58SO update has completed successfully.
                    Boyet

My understanding from your statement " It still doesn't address the nice USB keyboard no longer being able to enter the bios." is that you still do not know whether the KB works or not when you can go into the bios which in this case is impossible if you use the KB. Just trying to help. But the best solution without doing some investigation really is just to go back to the old bios that works.

• 7. Re: DX58SO update has completed successfully.
                      Apota

Yeah, I have the same problems. I can't get into the bios with my Logitech Wave K350 keyboard, but I haven't tried a USB Keyboard. So, I'll have to try that.  I got this new K350 keyboard after I upgraded the bios.  Does this keyboard work going into the bios in previous bios versions?

I also have the problem with the Express messege popping up everytime I restart the computer saying the bios has been installed properly. I used MSConfig to remove it, so we'll see what happens.

I also have a video problem with Windows 7 64-bit, where the screen goes blank when I first turn on the computer when windows first starts at the login screen and I have to turn the monitor on and off to get the video to come back. I didn't have this problem with earlier bios version.  I guess I might have to just go back to a previous bios version until they fix another buggy bios! Thanks!

• 8. Re: DX58SO update has completed successfully.
                        intel-za

Suggest you log this with Intel Support and get a case number:

http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=desktop#

Click on LiveChat, speak to a consulant and ask them to create a case. They'll email you a case number with a form to complete. Numerous people are having issues with USB keyboards that just stop working after recent BIOs updates not only on the DX58SO but on  other boards too.

The more cases that are logged the sooner that Intel might just fix it.