3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2011 9:45 AM by ilounge

RS2WC080 gives error on boot "No physical memory is available at the location required for the windows boot manager. The system cannot continue"

ilounge

I just purchased an RS2WC080 Sata/SAS Raid adapter card.

http://www.intel.com/products/server/raid-controllers/RS2WC080/RS2WC080-overview.htm?wapkw=%28RS2WC080%29

Unfortunately when I install it in my evga 680i motherboard I get the following error on boot up.

"No physical memory is available at the location required for the windows boot manager. The system cannot continue."

For the record, the boot drivve is connected to the mobo sata interface (not the RS2WC080 which is connected to a non-bootable  raid array of six drives). The system does boot into windows when the RS2WC080 is removed from  the PCIe slot,

I disabled the raid on the 680i mobo bios. I also  tried updating the firmware on both the mobo and RS2WC080 to latest version. No luck. However, the RS2WC080 does work when a put it in another motherboard (how I managed to do the firmware update).

So what I'd like to know is this some sort of motherboard incompatability issue or is there some setting or workaround I'm missing here?