Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

Intel SS4200-EHW23 won't boot, power cycles 3 times then nothing

idata
Employee

I have a New Intel SS4200-EHW23 that was working fine in my office (for configuration), 2 new 1TB WD Drives, tested for backups, etc. I went to deliver to a client and now it won't boot at all, when you press the power button the unit power cycles 3 times (on/off,on/off,on/off) then just keeps "looping" in that same sequence. I have no idea what is going on. I can't even get the unit to stay powered on to try a reset. I have used this same model numerous times in other client office's and until this day I have had zero issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kyle West

Westek Consulting

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

Are the LEDs doing anything? If you temporarily remove all the HDs, will it boot all the way up?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Took your advice, removed the drives and now the unit at least powers on. When the drives are connected, the instant you plug in the power cord, the LED's and power supply come on and off a total of 3 times, then begins to "loop" continously.

The unit was configured and I was able to transfer data to it with no problems. I shut it down, delivered to my client the very next day and now this happens. I dont understand what could have changed.

Obviouslly the issue has to do with the drives, but what should I do at this point?

Thank You Dan,

Kyle West

Westek Consulting

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I reformatted both drives, reinstalled and the same exact issue happens.

The drives themselves work fine when plugged into my test station.

Any ideas?

Are the drives all of a sudden not compatibile?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

One of the downsides of incompatible drives, is that they don't always fail right off the bat. Sometimes they trick you.

Have you already compared the drives to the tested list at http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4200ehw/sb/CS-028902.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/ss4200ehw/sb/CS-028902.htm ?

0 Kudos