12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 3:10 PM by WizardMasterNZ

Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot

Lemarchand

Greetings.I have bought the motherboard above and it seems I have done everything right in connections and assembly but the pc does not boot at all (black screen) like there is no signal in the monitor.It is powered on, the fans are working, a small light inside the motherboard is on but other than that nada. I am using the i-core 3 540 cpu.I do not have an external graphics card since the initial idea was to use the onboard H57 card.What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot

I put one together last week. Had the same problem. Didn't plug the CPU 12v 4 pin in.

Works great now.

• 2. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
            Lemarchand

The plugs are all properly in.Is there any chance that I need to update the BIOS of the motherboard?Should I add a PCI-Express card to install Windows and update the BIOS first and then uninstall and install the on-board one?

• 3. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
              Lemarchand

I just added a PCI Express graphics card but still no display.The fan of the graphics card is working properly.I have run out of options folks..All the power supply pins have been inserted properly.

• 4. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                Doc_SilverCreek

Do you know the s-spec part number of your processor? (Should be SLBMQ or SLBTD printed on the top of the processor)

The Processor spec guide http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?ProcNbr=i3-540

list the SLBMQ as compatable with bios 0368 (which is what the board was manafactured with)

The SLBTD calls for BIOS 0537 (or higher)

If you have to remove the CPU to check, be very carful of the socket pins. You may want to inspect them to make sure none have been slightly bent. (only takes a tiny bend on one pin to cause the CPU to be shorted)

I am sorry to say I don't know this board well enought to be sure, Sometimes BIOS Recovery will run on a unsupported processor (and sometimes it requires installing a supported processor, flashing the BIOS, then installing the newer processor)

• 5. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                  Harish_Bly

hi

if it possible try with some model other board with same processor if it will work then happy

wish u good luck

Happy New Year 2011

wish you advance once again

• 6. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                    WizardMasterNZ

Same here at problem.  

Intel DH57DD Motherboard

Intel Core i5-680  3.6GHz   (Spec #SLBTM)

two of Strontium  2Gb DDR3-1333   Link    (Maybe, I don't think this is not support)  

All above is not working,   I see the CPU Fan is speed up and down and up and down repeat. .....But no beep post code.

I saw the Intel been tested memory only  -  Link    (So, we don't have a supplier these lists)

So Which your different memory been worked with DH57DD ?

I feel waste for time... I been called to Supplier and other professional shop were have tested and no idea a problem.

If DH57DD are faulty numbers by compliant ?

Mike

• 7. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                      Doc_SilverCreek

I am not an expert on these boards, but you could try removing all memory.

The board should sound a beep code to tell you the memory is missing if the processor is getting far enough through POST to check memory.

The fans spinning up and down sound more like maybe a power supply problem.

You could try 1) a different power supply or 2) just connect the mother board, but no peripherals HDD, DVD, or add-in cards to see if the fans stop the spin up and down and the board continues to POST.

• 8. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                        parsec

Wizard, I believe you are an experienced PC builder, so forgive me for mentioning obvious things like:

Are you using the correct memory slots?  I'm not familiar with your memory, this is from the DH57DD manual:

Support for non-ECC, unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with x8
                             organization and single-sided DIMMs with x16 organization

Did you try clearing the BIOS, with the power off and unplugged from the power supply and removing the mother board battery?

I have noticed changes in CPU fan speed while the PC is booting, the fan running at full speed before the BIOS speed control for that fan is active.  It seems as if the BIOS is in a loop, running up to some point and then starting over, but that is pure conjecture.

As Doc said, attempting to boot with minimal hardware is a standard thing to do when problems are encountered.

What is your HDD and SATA configuration?  Are you trying to install Windows on that PC?

• 9. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                          WizardMasterNZ

parsec wrote:

Support for non-ECC, unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with x8
                               organization and single-sided DIMMs with x16 organization

Yep,  You're right.  I did that it.  But it's weird !  So, I removed the both memory and try turn on got post code three beep and three flash power LED light.  Then I put back on memory is no post code or solid power LED light

parsec wrote:

Did you try clearing the BIOS, with the power off and unplugged from the power supply and removing the mother board battery?

Yes,  I did it.   Nothing response.

parsec wrote:

I have noticed changes in CPU fan speed while the PC is booting, the fan running at full speed before the BIOS speed control for that fan is
                            active.  It seems as if the BIOS is in a loop, running up to some point and then starting over, but that is pure conjecture.

Yeah, I see the CPU fan went to full speed about 2600 rpm.  then drop to 2400 rpm then up and down the speed rpm alway resume.  Do you know why that it?  I have no idea.

parsec wrote:

As Doc said, attempting to boot with minimal hardware is a standard thing to do when problems are encountered.

I have many experience problem to resolve all different brand hardware (include INTEL Server) are no problem for 23 years myself.   So I notice that Intel

DH57DD motherboard bit weird !.   I try get a new memory for low speed 1066MHz, today.

parsec wrote:

What is your HDD and SATA configuration?  Are you trying to install Windows on that PC?

These hard disk did not connecting....yet.  Let me see the motherboard first, if successful, then connect the Hard disk or DVD.

Thanks for helpful

Mike

• 10. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                            parsec

Mike,  The memory speed is not a problem, the rated speed of the memory you have now (1333) is just the guaranteed maximum speed it will work at, but it will work at lower speeds just fine.  Any memory you use must be able to work at least at 1066 MHz, and the default speed in your BIOS is probably 1066.

Did you notice that although your memory was certified to work with an Intel mother board, the board that was used is an older socket 775 DG41WV mother board with a different CPU and chipset than your mother board.  So it is possible that your memory is not compatible.

Can you borrow one DDR3 DIMM from another PC of yours or a friend to try with this mother board?  All you would need is one to verify if it is the memory that is the problem.

You are almost running out of things to check, but one last and not simple task is to remove the CPU and check the "pins" or contact points in the socket for the CPU, they are easily damaged.  They are also hard to see, and one good way to check them is to use a digital camera, and take a close up high resolution picture (macro mode) of the CPU socket, and then look at the picture on a PC that you can zoom in on the picture even closer.  If even one of the 1,156 contacts in the socket are damaged, the CPU will likely not function correctly.

But, as I imagine you are thinking, you may have a bad mother board.  An Intel mother board I had in the past had a BIOS problem when it was brand new, although it did boot fine.  Do you think your power supply is good, or a possible problem?

I'm running out of things to suggest, is there anything new that you have discovered?

• 11. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                              WizardMasterNZ

OKay,   INTEL email responsed.  They noticed the Motherboard didn't update BIOS cause new latest CPU model. 

I begin for test now...  If sucessfully, I will let you know update.

Cheers

Mike

• 12. Re: Motherboard DH57DD ( AA E82022-202 ) problem - does not boot
                                WizardMasterNZ

Okay,  Intel Engineering Team are correct.  They mention the latest CPU processor should be update BIOS.

Since INTEL website show the Processor Compatible said  batch 396 or earlier version of BIOS are not recommendation.  Because Intel team believe the BIOS didn't properly a latest CPU processor.

Should fix the update BIOS.   They response said:

As I mention yesterday I build 2 of the new boards  and had  no display.

Intel  engineer believe that  this issue is related with BIOS  revision on the board that is why it don't take new CPU.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19682&lang=eng&wapkw=(JG0625P)

Basically just update the bios using the recovery  mode.

Download and burn the JG0625P.BIO on to a blank  CD

1. Unplug the power cord or switch off Until Green LED off on the board.
                                2. Remove the BIOS pin on the motherboard , Connect a DVD  Drive (SATA only, and unplug the Hard disk please)
                                3. Plug in the cord or Switch on the power. Itself start up the power as possible.  There is no need to post, the BIOS will update under 5 mins. 
                                4. Until after 5mins, if you see a Power LED flash. Otherwise if system isn't itself off, You can switch off then unplug the power cord, until Green LED off on the board
                                5. Put back the BIOS pin for 'Normal' set
                                6. Finally, plug in the cord or switch on the power.  You will be good to go (Don't forget a Hard disk ).

Remember CAUTION !!....DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER, While BIOS UPDATE been write the flash.   Please read this first before you go use.