10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2010 8:42 PM by Doc_SilverCreek

Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?

jwitt001

I have two Dell desktops, one Dell laptop and one HP laptop.  I purchased Pareto's PC Health Advisor for its registry and driver software.  The driver software will download intel drivers but will not install them.  I purchased Driver Dectective and am experiencing the same issue.  Each of the two packages cost about $29.95 each.  Is the only way that I can download and install Intel drivers is to purchase the Intel Driver Update Utility??  Are there anyother free alternatives??

• 1. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?
          PeterUK

I purchased Pareto's PC Health Advisor for its registry and driver software.

Nice you purchased malware!

Best you don't use that in fact just reinstall your computer without it!

Intel Drivers are free as part of what you buy for the hardware needed for them .

Download Center

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

INF Update Utility

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=18494&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility&lang=eng

• 2. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?

Actually, PC Health Care Advisor gets rid of malware.  Read the reviews, it is rated highly.  Works fine on all my computers.

Also, the first download you suggested at the Intel Download Center is not free, if you desire to use the Intel Drivers Update Utility, and is $29.95.  And trying to search each driver at that site was time consuming and not successful with me.

I was able to use the second download with success.

• 3. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?
              PeterUK

Also, the first download you suggested at the Intel Download Center is  not free, if you desire to use the Intel Drivers Update Utility, and is  $29.95.

I feel so sorry for you that you don't believe that the Intel Download Center is free and that you don't have to pay $29.95 for the Intel Drivers Update Utility.

This malware must be really convincing to trick you in to thinking the Intel Download Center is not free.

• 4. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?
                jwitt001

To Peter UK:

The site you sent me to to get the free Intel Driver Update Utility shows the information below.  When you register the software, you can see the price is $29.95 USD.  It may be free to download the software, but it is $29.95 to use it.  I have also tried other sites to download, and the price is the same.

If you are getting Intel Driver Update Utility for free, please send me the site.

McAfee Secure web sites are certified as providing the highest level of protection for their shoppers.
                Click for company profile

Show prices in:          Language:
                Order ID: 38K6247-D4RR3
                Product NameRemoveQuantityPrice
                Intel Drivers Update Utility
                $29.95 USD
                $5.45 USD
                Add a Backup CD of your Order for $9.95 USD
                Shipping & handling fees apply - more info
                Update
                Item Total :  $35.40 USD
                Purchase Details
                * Email:
                Example: jon@acme.com
                * Re-type Email:
                * First Name:
                * Last Name:
                   Company:
                * Phone:
                * Street Address:
                * City:
                * State/Province:
                * Zip/Postal Code:
                The Recipient or Licensee is the same as the Purchaser.
                RegNow, and the publisher of this product, would like to keep you informed via email about product updates, upgrades, special offers and pricing. We will not pass your details onto third parties. If you do not wish to be contacted via email, please uncheck the box.
                Payment Information
                Payment Method: Credit Card
                PayPal - USD Only
                Bank/Wire Transfer with Invoice ($10.00 USD fee)
                Check/Money Order ($2.50 USD fee)
                Fax - Credit Card ($2.50 USD fee)
                • 5. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?
                  Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

Not sure where you got that page form but Peter is right, you definately do not have to pay for the intel driver update utility see here: http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=dc_iduu

From what i can see the page you have gone to is Regnow, part of digital river.......

Matbe you should get rid of the other programs and start a fresh.....

Also just as a note i can seem to find a legit site for pareto health pc what not, but this came up straight away: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100913142626AATRoEK

I know it is only yahoo answers but still...

Also i am not sure why you would need any software to update your drivers, as long as you know what components you have Motherboard, GPU and any add in cards, you can just go straight to teh manufacturers website and download the drivers you need. I do personally think you are getting ripped off by paying for those softwares

I would also be mor ethan happy to help you find the drivers you need for your hardwrae if you want, just give me teh details of teh hardware

• 6. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?
                    jwitt001

I got the page from the site you both included in the thread.  When you go to the site and check for updates automatically--it is in the middle of the page.  You will download the Intel Driver Update Utility, which takes some time, and if you want to use it then you have to register.  When you bring up the register page, that is where you find the form.

I suspect that if you wanted to check for drivers manually, did a search, that would be free.  Too time consuming for me.  I want it done automatically--find the driver that needs updating, download and install.

That is why I asked why is the "Intel Driver Update Utility" $29.95?

• 7. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?
                      Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

I am sorry but you ARE being ripped off! you do NOT have to pay for the intel driver update utility (at least not yet) and the page you posted, even if you went from one of teh links we provided, is because of teh software and god knows what you have on your system now, the screen shot you provided even says: "RegNow, and the ...etc" that is NOT teh intel page. I just used the intel update utility on my system that i am writing on, these are the screen shots:

IDU1.bmp

IDU2.bmp

idu3.bmp

That was a step by step, and as you can see on teh last screen shot, once you pick teh driver to install the pop up window appears for you to be able to save the driver.

I am sorry, but i don't think you systems are as safe or as clean as you think they are.

Personally i back completly what perter uk said and i would reinstall all the computers on which you have ever instaleed either of those programs and start again without installing . The simple fact that you go to an INtel link and it is taking you to a non intel page to pay for free software should warn you that it is not legit. That page is NOT teh intel page, your system has been hijacked

• 8. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?

Hello

Don’t be silly mate; Intel doesn’t make you pay for the drivers or the scanner utility,

You installed malware and you have been ripped off.

1 Uninstall the utility

2 Make sure you run a scan after with a good Antivirus. Windows Security Essentials is free to download

3  Go to the Web page AND SCAN FOR FREE YOUR COMPUTER FOR DRIVERS  http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm

Regards

Span1shUk

• 10. Re: Intel Driver Update Utility--Why buy when I have two other Driver Software Utilities?
                          Harish_Bly

first you try to install inf drivers. untill you dont install any thing after install the inf drivers install fellowing steps like display sound network etc.

good luck.