5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2010 9:41 PM by timbruce54

D945GCFG1

Hi, I'm trying to find out what memory is compatible with my motherboard.  As far as I can tell (from opening the computer and looking at the motherboard), the motherboard model number is D945GCFG1.  But I can't find any info on D945GCFG1 on the Intel website.  Can anyone help me/point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Tim

• 1. Re: D945GCFG1
          mechbob

You will have to look in discontinued boards to find the info.

• 2. Re: D945GCFG1
            mechbob

I found a G2 but not a G1 , But anyway it said DDR2-667 at 1.8 volts.

• 3. Re: D945GCFG1

Dear Robert Gifford,

Thank you so much for your help.  I tried looking in the discontinued boards as well as the current boards, but I could not find this model number.

Tim

• 4. Re: D945GCFG1

Thanks again.  Can we assume the specs for G2 is the same for G1?  And where did you find that information?  I'm not very knowlegable about computers.  A Gateway support person told me that the memory in my computer was 533 MHz.  Another issue I wanted to resolve was that Gateway used DDR2 PC-4200 to describe my memory while another website said DDR2 PC2-5300.  (I don't know what these numbers mean).  Anyway, I'm trying to figure out the range of what's compatible with my  computer, so that when I look to buy memory, I will know what will work  and what won't.  But right now, I'm still confused and uncertain.

Tim

• 5. Re: D945GCFG1
                  mechbob

The 4200 has a CAS of 4 , the 5300 has a CAS of 5 , I would stick to the DDR2-533, PC2-4200.