Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Exhaustive WiMAX search on a 6250

idata
Employee

Hi There,

I've got an Intel Centrino Advanced-N WiMAX 6250 card, and have installed the Intel PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Connection Utility.

Is it possible to use this card to search for non-"ISP" WiMAX networks? I'm in a test lab that's got a WiMAX base station in the next room, and yet the Connection Manager doesn't show anything when it does a "Search for Networks". When I read through the documentation (http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wmax/5350_5150/sb/CS-029552.htm http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wmax/5350_5150/sb/CS-029552.htm) it says there should be a "Search for networks (exhaustive)" option under the "Options" tab, but my version only has the ability to select "Preferences" or "Advanced"; neither of which allow an exhaustive search to be done.

Is this a limitation of the 6250 card, or is there something I'm missing about Connection Manager? I've tried using version 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 but no luck.

Is it something that needs to be configured in the backend?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Karl

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hallo sir;

I've the same issue , I'm using Libya WiMAX & I just bought intel wimax / wifi 6250 half mini card & I downloaded the version of WiMAXconnection utility , i setup the connection & i pressed search for network after finishing search m it doesnot show me any network ( no networks are available to connet)

Libya WiMAX uses the following frequencies ( 2505000,2515000,2525000,2535000,2545000) & Libya Wimax network using TTLS Authentication ( username & password ) for identificationPlease tell me if your problem is solvedwith my best regardsMaher AlmagrbiLibya WiMAX user19/12/2010

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Any further information on this? I would like to use my internal 6250 card to connect to a wimax ISP that does not show up in the connection manager.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm also looking for information on this exact topic

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Unfortunately I've heard nothing more from Intel or anyone else regarding this... :-(

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I called Intel Support for this issue.

1. Question: what laptop you are using

2. Go and call them

No reference to a division of intel who can help.

No help.

We drive a regional WiMAX Network. Seems we

have to do it without Intel as they are a closed

User/Operator shop.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi everybody,

I am new in this Forum.....and have the same problem....(!)

Maybe somebody solved the issue...

thanks,regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi again ,

As I said previously,I am new in this Forum and really don't know it is CLOSED or not,really.....

I'll appreciate if somebody is still here reading this post or not....

Ciao for now

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ,

My laptop is ASUS 1000HG perfectly functioning and also recognises Intel 6250 advanvanced-N+WIMAX (after a little hack in the motherboard....).

In Device Manager : 2 devices are installed correctly ( 2 NICS) and also WIMAX "function-Driver".

Everything looks fine by a hardware viewpoint and also windows says : "This computer is WImax capable....." No problem.

The problem is tha WIMAX Utility 6.5 (now ) does not find any 3.5 GHZ (there is one in my same city).

I used and external rubber 3.5 GHZ antenna connected to the MAIN connector of 6250.

Maybe someone reads this and give me some help ?

Appreciated,regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

have you any success to manually set custom frequencies ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Excuse me,but I have the same problem of Kdawson......how to set manually the frequencies ?

I am using 6.5 software version....

Thanks,

Pinuccio

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi from Pinuccio in Italy.....

I am still waiting for an help on how to set manually the frequencies (WIMAX) to be scanned by Intel 6250 ....

Is there any intel MVP to help me (and also other people having this tedious issue ??).

Would be appreciated a lot...!!!!

God bless

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, how to adjust manually the frecuencies? Mayne you know some software?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did anyone ever make progress on this?

The answer I got from Intel was that the only way to use the Intel software was if the provider was partnered with Intel.

If you want to scan for custom frequencies, the provider has to write their own software that uses the Intel card.

Neither seem like easy/quick solutions.

0 Kudos