1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2010 1:39 PM by tedk

Secure Copy from cores to MCPC

devendra.rai

Hello All

I am creating a large amount of data on the cores, that need to removed for obvious reasons. So, I plan to frequently scp data from cores to MCPC, and this is where I am stuck:

scp <bifgile> <myloginID@marc009>:/home/<myID>/location

gives me the error:

Error resolving 'marc009' port '22'. Temporary failure in name resolution.

I also tried the full thing: ...marc009.scc-dc.com (although I do not think that this is critical).

Here is where it gets interesting: I can scp from MCPC -> cores, and also copy _from_ cores if I issue a command on MCPC: scp root@rck00:/pathtofile .

But this would mean that I need to poll from MCPC, which would be a bad idea.

Can someone help? Or suggest a way of transferring data from cores to MCPC?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Devendra

• 1. Re: Secure Copy from cores to MCPC
          tedk

How large is the file you want to scp and where is is located on the cores? I'm trying to reproduce your issue, but I may not be understanding it properly.

I went on marc005 (one of the systems assigned to Intel) and tried copying mkl.tar (about 260MB) to /root on rck00 and ran out of space. So I then tried a small file as a test. Is the following what you are trying to do for larger files?

root@rck00:~> pwd
          /root

root@rck00:~> cp /shared/tkubaska/hello.c .

root@rck00:~> scp hello.c tekubasx@marc005.scc-dc.com:/home/tekubasx
          tekubasx@marc005.scc-dc.com's password:
          root@rck00:~> exit
          Connection to rck00 closed.

tekubasx@marc005:~$ ls -l hello.c
          -rw-r--r-- 1 tekubasx admin 69 2010-12-05 11:30 hello.c
          tekubasx@marc005:~$

tekubasx@marc005:~$ cat hello.c
          #include <stdio.h>
          int main()
          {
          printf("hello world\n");
          return 0;
          }
          tekubasx@marc005:~$

Note that /shared is a a directory on your MCPC that is mounted on the cores. If your core program writes to /shared, the data are already on the MCPC, but I suspect you already know this. You probably want to move the data to your /home on the MCPC. Is it not acceptable to write to /shared on the MCPC and then copy to your /home?

We do have an example of how a program on a core can run a script on the MCPC, if that's useful. Look in "How to Read SCC Voltages with a RCCE Program."