2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 5:48 PM by PcMagic

Custom BIOS Splash not displaying on Boot

PcMagic

Hi All,

I have downloaded and used the Integrator Assistant to add a custom logo splash on a DH57JG board.  Everything seems to load fine but when I re-boot I do not see the custom splash.  Per the troubleshooting steps I tried all .jpg and .bmp file types.  Then at one point during the boot up I hit F2 to enter the BIOS and there was my custom splash for a split second.  I tried the drive delay setting, no joy.  ANy direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 1. Re: Custom BIOS Splash not displaying on Boot
          Doc_SilverCreek

I can't say I have used this board, but many of the Intel boards have a BIOS set-up option for "Quite Boot"  Enable \ Disable

If set to disable you do not get a splash screen.

You may also try the F9 - restore defaults and see if that brings up you splash screen

• 2. Re: Custom BIOS Splash not displaying on Boot
            PcMagic

Thanks for the reply Doc,

They have some new options in the BIOS on this board.  Instead of the Quiet Boot they have a Hyper Boot, which takes some of the things you normally see and hides em away, like the config for the onboard RAID and such.  I ended up trying another graphic and after shutting down and starting up the new logo flashes for a second on every boot. 

Wimped out on the F9 option as I had already created a RAID array and installed the OS and thought it might reset the drive config and forget the settings.

I will compromise on this for the time being as this build is a prototype for a mini-ITX system.

All in all works good.