0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2010 11:48 AM by fsadigh

I NEED HELP WITH INTEL DESKTOP BOARD DP55WB

fsadigh
      1. I recently put together a new computer I constructed with the, Intel P55 Express chipset, I7-860 processor in an LGA1156 SOCKET.
      2. I included  4 x 2gb (240 pin DDR3 SDRAM DIMM modules)
      3. 700 watt power supply, 2 SATA HARD DRIVES. A. 500 GB and a 1 TB SATA HARD DRIVE. ALSO, 2 SATA DVD/RW DRIVES.
      4. Everything was working properly for the past 6 months until I decided to clean the inside with DUST REMOVER, after I disconnected everything and opened the cover.
      5. I rebooted the computer, and got a message, "The system chassis was opened, Enter Password to unlock the system, Password Check Failed"
      6. I cleared the password according to Intel procedures, then rebooted, it cycled through POST, then the intel screen with PRESS F2 displayed. It then went to a blank screen with a flashing prompt.
      7. I then rebooted and went into BIOS. Everything was set properly, it detected the processor, hard drives, dvd/rw drives and memory modules, boot order.
      8. I placed a Windows Recovery disk in the 1st drive, and nothing.
      9. I placed the DP55WB disk in and nothing. Back to the blank screen with the prompt.
      10. Then I downloaded a new BIOS update to a flash drive and to disc on my other XP computer.
      11. I tried the updates and nothing. Blank screen and a prompt.
      12. I cleared CMOS, reset jumper, everything I could do according to troubleshooting help from Intel, and nothing helped.
      13. Finally, my tech friend from class told me its either the hard drive and/or DVD/RW drives. He told me to disconnect both HD's and DVD/RW's Reboot into BIOS and see what shows up. Everything was detected, but still nothing, blank screen with a flashing prompt.
      14. 2 days ago I purchased a new SATA HD - 2 TB with a new SATA DVD/RW drive. I installed it yesterday, went into BIOS, it recognized it, pressed F9 with optimal defaults, F10, it rebooted, and then again nothing, BLANK SCREEN and the FLASHING PROMPT.
      15. Now I'm thinking, either the memory modules, motherboard or processor is doomed. WHICH IS IT NOW. EVEN THOUGH EVERYTHING IS DETECTED IN BIOS.
      16. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ?