Back in November 2010, I was invited to participate in a panel discussion hosted by Zen Kishimoto from AltaTerra Research. The panel discussion consisted of several different perspectives including:
During our discussion we explored the different types of clouds available today - public, private (on-premise and hosted), as well as hybrid.
Zen asked some great questions that are summarized below.
- When discussing cloud with the CFO, what do you focus on? savings or agility?
- Where do you deploy SaaS, PaaS, IaaS?
- Are there any examples of PaaS in public cloud?
- How do I assess the OpEx and CapEx benefits of private clouds?
- Are cloud busting and hybrid cloud models real or simply a dream?
- Should organizations running on-premise private consider a hosted private cloud as an alternative?
- Can I move all my data centers to the cloud?
... and I think we covered some other topics, also.
I invite you to listen to our thoughts in the webcast replay as part the IT@Intel Data Center best practices webcast series
I welcome your comments, thoughts, arguments and perspectives below.