4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2011 4:32 PM by

My Wifi Technology isn't broadcasting

jdantow

hello,

I am running a Lenovo y650 with Windows 7 Ultimate, x64. Specs are as follows:

• Intel Core 2 Duo processor
      • 1066 MHz FSB and 6 MB L2 cache
      • Intel GM45 chipset
      • Intel GMA 4500 MHD graphics
      • 4GB of DDR3 800/1066 MHz DRAM main memory (RAM)
      • Up to 500GB of hard disk drive (HDD),5400 rpm
      • 16-inch display screen
      • Intel WiMax/ WiFi Link 5100 a/g/n, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Bluetooth(Option)

I have used MWT technology before I had redone the operating system. I recently have started to need to use it, and have followed all the steps in setting it up. I cannot get the Virtual Wifi Miniport to broadcast. None of my devices are picking up the PAN, which is leading me to believe that it is not broadcasting at all. I have the most recent drivers, and version of MWT.

I am trying to connect my iPhone 3GS, and my PAN is not shown on the list. I had it connected last time I used it, but this time (after new windows) it is not working.

Pls help!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: My Wifi Technology isn't broadcasting
          RobotIIOwner

James Richard karl Dantow wrote:

hello,

I am running a Lenovo y650 with Windows 7 Ultimate, x64. Specs are as follows:

• Intel Core 2 Duo processor
          • 1066 MHz FSB and 6 MB L2 cache
          • Intel GM45 chipset
          • Intel GMA 4500 MHD graphics
          • 4GB of DDR3 800/1066 MHz DRAM main memory (RAM)
          • Up to 500GB of hard disk drive (HDD),5400 rpm
          • 16-inch display screen
          • Intel WiMax/ WiFi Link 5100 a/g/n, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Bluetooth(Option)

I have used MWT technology before I had redone the operating system. I recently have started to need to use it, and have followed all the steps in setting it up. I cannot get the Virtual Wifi Miniport to broadcast. None of my devices are picking up the PAN, which is leading me to believe that it is not broadcasting at all. I have the most recent drivers, and version of MWT.

I am trying to connect my iPhone 3GS, and my PAN is not shown on the list. I had it connected last time I used it, but this time (after new windows) it is not working.

Pls help!

Thanks!

Hi,

same problem here.My laptop is lenovo thinkpad x201i, win7 32bit .my wifi card is intel link 1000 bgn.

I found MWT can provide an AP function lately, and my cell phone and PSP need it. no matter how I tune the drivers and softwares in different versons, I still can't find the SSID .

Before the MWT installed, I tried the  "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" command, functioning properly, then I installed intel Proset/wifi tools with MWT, the problem as above, at the same time, MWT  was in the disabled state I tried the "netsh" command again, it does not work any more, even the PROset/wifi tools are uninstalled.

I hope anyone could notice this problem and give us some help . thanks !

• 2. Re: My Wifi Technology isn't broadcasting
            jdantow

bump... can someone help us here? still have the same issue and attacking it again tonight. thanks!

• 3. Re: My Wifi Technology isn't broadcasting
              jdantow

i solved it myself. under device manager, , advanced, changed wireless mode to only wireless G. it instantly showed up on my mobile device. it must have been broadcasting in N. next, can anyone find a solution where you can keep N activated for my internet connection and transmit MWT through G mode???

this place was less than helpful btw.

• 4. Re: My Wifi Technology isn't broadcasting

You need to connect your laptop to a wireless G network.  iPhone 4 and below will not connect to a wireless N broadcast.  So in order for you to connect you need to broadcast a wireless G.  I just fixed (figured out) that issue on my brand new laptop.