Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Abit ip35-e with intel e6600 3,06 Ghz (Help)

idata
Employee

I recently bought this e6600 3,06 ghz processorand instaled it on my ip35 e motherboard. I figuerd it would work since some of the websites indicated that they would match. So when I start the pc somewhere between the windows load bar and the welcome screen the computer stops responding gives an lsass.exe error and then restarts. This happens a couple of times and then shuts down. I tried installing windows (xp sp2 x32) again, but i have the same problem at the point where it asks me about the fresh copy or repair. I upgraded the bios and same thing. Any help would be apreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Make sure that your processor is the Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E6600, and not the Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual-Core Processor E6600, The sencond one is not compatible with your motherboard according to the following website:

http://www.abit.com.tw/cpu-support-list/mb/intel_p35_ip35-e.htm http://www.abit.com.tw/cpu-support-list/mb/intel_p35_ip35-e.htm

Also, if the processor that you have is the Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E6600, then I would recommend testing this processor in another known working and compatible motherboard.

idata
Employee

It works fine now. I have the intel pentium dual e6600. I disabled the bios autoshutdown when processor temperature higher than 90 degrees option. Mine was about 98 C. Thanks anyway. The intel website shows compatibility between them.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

WOW man what are you going to do about the 98C. are you sure the cooler is seated right , you should be at 40C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, it works fine, core temp in windows shows a normal temp of 35 to 68 degrees. Something must be wrong with the bios. I use it at 100 % and have no trouble at all now. the fan is in it's place. i installed it several times with same results before.

0 Kudos