0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2010 8:04 PM by

How do I make my P1102w hp printer work? Windows 7, 32 bit, with Intel drivers in computer

I have Intel drivers on a PC, Windows 7 home premium. I just bought a HP P1102w printer. But my Windows 7, 32 bit computer isn't allowing it to print or install. The orange light on the printer keeps blinking. Nothing will print out.

This is the message I get. That Intel isn't compatible with P1102w printer, using windows 7 32 bit.

What do I do to make this printer work ?

nutritionwriter@live.com

this is the message I keep getting when trying to install drivers from online or from CD that came with this new printer.

Computers that use Intel vPro technology may have devices that  are unrecognized in the Windows 7 Device Manager

SYMPTOMS
      Consider the following scenario:You have a  computer that uses Intel vPro technol...

Consider the following scenario:   
      • You have a computer that uses Intel vPro technology.
      • You perform one of the following actions on the computer:   
        • You perform a clean install of Windows 7.
        • You upgrade to Windows 7 from an earlier version of  Windows.
      In this scenario, Device Manager may no longer  recognize various Intel AMT devices. These devices include Intel Management  Engine Interface (Intel MEI) and Serial Over LAN (SOL).

Note Intel  vPro technology is a technology platform that includes various features, such as  Intel Active Management Technology (Intel AMT) and Intel Virtualization  Technology (Intel VT). Intel AMT features are built into certain Intel chipset  devices. Intel AMT is aimed primarily at corporate clients. Intel AMT enables  advanced client platform management. This technology lets IT departments manage  computers from a remote console.

RESOLUTION
      To resolve this problem, install the latest  Intel AMT drivers for Windows 7. To...

To resolve this problem, install the  latest Intel AMT drivers for Windows 7.

To obtain the latest Intel AMT  drivers, contact the computer's OEM (original equipment manufacturer). For  information about your computer manufacturer, visit the following Microsoft Web  site:Microsoft provides third-party contact information  to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without  notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact  information.

MORE INFORMATION
      For more information about Intel vPro  technology, visit the following Intel Web...

For more information about Intel  vPro technology, visit the following Intel Web site:For more information about Intel vPro technology  support in Windows 7, visit the following non-Microsoft Web site:The third-party products that this  article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of  Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the  performance or reliability of these products.