Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Screen resolution keeps changing on restart/unlock etc.

idata
Employee

Hi all,

Windows update installed the new Intel graphics driver (Mobile Intel 965 express chipset family) on my laptop sometime in August/September and I've had this problem ever since : Every time I restart/unlock/come out of hibernate etc., the screen resolution resets itself to 1024x768, when the resolution should be (and was perfectly fine before) at 1400x1050.

Here's the info from the Intel online tool:

Graphics DriverProduct Detected NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTCurrent Driver Installed 8.17.0012.5896Your driver is current.Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF)Product Detected Intel® 5, 4, 3, 900 Series ChipsetsCurrent Version Installed 9.1.1.1025 I have tried going through the registry and changing every DefualtSettings.XResolution to 1400 and similarly for Y, but on restart, some of them revert back to 1024x768 and the screen resolution does so as well! I have also tried uninstalling the driver. restarting. then installing the driver downloaded from intel's site instead of windows update, and no luck. this problem has been plaguing me for months, please can anybody help? Edit: Forgot to say I am using Windows 7
0 Kudos
0 Replies