I am just wondering if you have tried those steps:
If you are able to enter the BIOS Setup by pressing F2, reset the BIOS to factory defaults by pressing F9. Save and exit the BIOS Setup.
If you cannot enter the BIOS Setup, clear the CMOS:
- Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
- Disconnect the computer’s power cord from the AC power source (wall outlet or power adapter).
- Remove the computer cover.
- Locate the battery on the board (see figure below).
- With a medium flat-bladed screwdriver, gently pry the battery free from its connector. Note the orientation of the “+” and “-” on the battery.
- Wait one hour then replace the battery.
- Replace the computer cover.
- Plug the computer and all devices back in.
One more thing: I used to see blinking cursor when the system had a USB memory stick plugged in any usb ports or sd cards or bluetooth devices or wireless keyboard dongle. This happened previously on different systems.
Try to disable usb boot in the bios and disable boot usb first and see if it makes any difference, Remove any usb media/storage devices connected to the system.
All the best,
exact same problem
however my windows 7 x64 booted fine
the curor just blinked about 15 times then the pc started to load
restarted a few times still have the same problem.
edit : i updated the bios from the exe in windows, also tried loading defaults in the bios but still get the same.
the bios screen does flash then it just goes blank with the cursor before loading windows. not a big deal for me as everything is working fine
the only way i could get windows to start was to have a cd in the drive. once i take the cd out and restart, it would do the same thing again with the blank screen and one blinking line. i put the cd in with the recovery bios but i don't think it downloaded. once windows started i was able to go to intel website and go back to 5456