Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics - Does not support any OpenGL extensions?!

idata
Employee

I've just bought a new Sony VAIO VPCY21S1E, and it is pretty much completely useless to be because the graphics card drivers don't appear to support any OpenGL extensions (well, to be precise they support 3).

I've installed the latest drivers from Intel, and the install appears to have gone fine. However, running the OpenGL Extensions viewer shows just 3 extensions working: "GL_EXT_bgra", "GL_EXT_paletted_texture", and "GL_WIN_swap_hint".

Is something amiss here, or does Intel HD Graphics honestly not support opengl extensions so basic that they were present on other graphics cards a decade ago?!

This makes my new laptop nearly completely useless to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I downloaded OpenGL Extension Viewer and it only works when I chose the "normal" Intel(R)HD GRAPHICS driver from a driver list (not the "no acceleration" or "forward context"). Normally I can't run applications using OpenGL but it works here so I think there is a way to activate it in other apps.

My question is: is there a way to set renderer to "normal" Intel(R)HD GRAPHICS (not the "no acceleration" or "forward context") in other applications such as 3ds max or OpenGL-based games?

HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

0 Kudos