Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Any news on the DX58SO2 motherboard?

idata
Employee

If anyone knows anything about its release it would be very helpful. I can't finish to understand why there isn't an Intel motherboard that supports and use the i7 total potencial. I don't understand why the processor can use up to 24 GB of RAM and there is no Intel board for this.

Also, if anyone knows if I can use an i7 processor on an Intel server motherboard please let me know. I think it isnt' that crazy to put an i7-950 or i7-960 on a server board to be able to run those 24 GB of memory.

I saw the Xeon W3550 is the same processor than i7-950 (plus ECC memory support) but couldn't find any compatible motherboard for that processor.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

No one?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

All new Intel boards are push back Q1/2011 including the DX58SO2. I assume that they will be available my mid to late January.....

All information are extracted fror intel_dtb_mini-matrix_q4_2010.pdf document.

idata
Employee

Hi fsofos, thanks for your reply. It would be great if you could point me to that PDF, I can't find it using Intel's search engine.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos