1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2010 1:29 AM by Cpt.Dogfruit

Where Can I Find This Driver That I can Copy to a USB Stick

allanc

I am trying to find (without success) the following driver that I can copy to a USB stick without installing first.

'PCI \ven_8086&dev_2822&subsys_04201028&rev_02' for 'Microsoft Windows XP Professional'.

I am using Acronis True Image Universal Restore to restore a Dell Inspiron 1501 notebook onto a Dell OptiPlex 780 desktop to be able to dual-boot with its existing Windows 7 partition.

During the restore process, Acronis is looking for this driver on my USB stick.

I have tried the driver at Dell as well as from the Windows 7 partition of the desktop.

I have been working on this problem for 2 days and am desperate.

Thank you very much in advance.

• 1. Re: Where Can I Find This Driver That I can Copy to a USB Stick
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

can you not just back up your data and do a fresh install of XP and tehn 7? surely this would be the quickest way....

From the infor you have given the driver it is asking for is the 82801 SATA RAID Controller. So you probably have Sata set as RAID or AHCI? So in teh ory the driver you will need with be the XP Intel driver matrix storage manager Os pre installation only from teh dell website, and i would hazard a guess that it would be for teh Optiplex that you would need it.