4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2010 4:59 PM by NewUser

Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter wont start..

NewUser

Hi there,

I'm almost start losing my hope...

I have Windows 2008 Server where I do have the NIC on the subject. When I updated the ProSet 15.5 I reached the status where NIC says: "This Device Cannot start (Code 10)" on the Device Manager.

I actually have had this case more than once, and it could happend on the other servers (W2008 still) as well.

I have done:

- the full uninstallation

- removed real hidden NICs (http://blogs.technet.com/b/danstolts/archive/2010/09/25/how-to-find-a-lost-missing-hidden-or-removed-network-card-nic-or-other-device-and-even-remove-it.aspx)

- rebooted

- with one server I reoooted that about five times, and suddenly it brings up the NICs (on the another server).

Is here anybody from the Intel to say how I can validate the card itself? As I have already requested our installation persons to replace the NICs, to get more credit, I need something real for them.

Also, how I can troubleshooting the "Code 10", as it is very general.

And don't say try the latest drivers (I noticed there is new once available), because I have had this issue earlier, and if you are reading the Release notes, the are not error fixing included.

best regards

Me