5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2010 10:47 AM by parsec

Why Motherboard is not detecting new monitor?

ankitgoel008

Hello!

Actually I purchased a new LED monitor. But my desktop PC motherboard is not detecting yet. my motherboard is D945GCPE and processor is core 2 duo 2.0.

The main problem I am facing in it is that when I connect other monitors with my desktop PC, Monitor gives the output "no signal detected". I am facing this problem when I get new desktop PC assembled. At that time, shopkeeper told me that you monitor is too old that is why desktop PC is not supporting graphics. But it is not like that because monitor is only for giving the display. But when I purchase this LED, again I am facing same problem and it is not resolved yet and I feel that there is some problem in motherboard because this LED is working on Laptop and other PCs perfactlly. So, Please give me some solution as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankit Goel

• 1. Re: Why Motherboard is not detecting new monitor?

Dear, some days back my PC has the same problem. And the issue was with the motherboard only. In case of your PC also Some power supply components of the motherboard may be expired. Repair the mother board, be careful about the parts of PC as some of the hardware doctors are wise enough to take out the good parts and put some local parts in the PC. Take Care. Good Luck!

• 2. Re: Why Motherboard is not detecting new monitor?
            ankitgoel008

Thanks for Reply.

I have already given my motherboard for repairing. But the person told me that there is no problem in power supply and the component of the board. He has tried to connect his old monitor and my new monitor. But every thing is same. no display.

• 3. Re: Why Motherboard is not detecting new monitor?
              parsec

Hello Ankit,

KSD might be correct, if you have never seen anything displayed on your monitor from your new PC, it is possible the motherboard is defective or broken, since you said you assembled your new desktop PC.  But you have not given us much other information, such as:

Does your new PC turn on otherwise?  Do any fans spin?  Does the power light turn on?  Can you see a small green light on the motherboard?

How many power cables go to the motherboard from your power supply?  There must be two cables, one with 24 pins, and one with four pins.

Did you hear a "beep" sound from the motherboard when you turn on your PC?  Can you hear the disk drive making any sounds?

Answering some or all of these questions would help us understand what your problem might be.

• 4. Re: Why Motherboard is not detecting new monitor?
                Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval.

i dont understand , can you please give me more details

inflatable jumping castles

• 5. Re: Why Motherboard is not detecting new monitor?
                  ankitgoel008

Yes, KSD might be correct. I would like to tell you that I purchased the PC 3 years back. But monitor is new.

Every thing is working fine.

Does your new PC turn on otherwise?  Do any fans spin?  Does the power light turn on?  Can you see a small green light on the motherboard?

My PC turns on properly. Every fans spin. power light on of the motherboard.

How many power cables go to the motherboard from your power supply?  There must be two cables, one with 24 pins, and one with four pins.

Yes, there are two cables one with 24 pins and other is 4 pins.

Did you hear a "beep" sound from the motherboard when you turn on your PC?  Can you hear the disk drive making any sounds?

I don't hear any beep sound because there is no port on the board for sound (Board Sound).

There is one more problem that when I turn on my PC, the Keyboard lights glow once and then disappear.

• 6. Re: Why Motherboard is not detecting new monitor?
                    parsec

Well Ankit, I am a bit confused, in your first post you wrote:

I am facing this problem when I get new desktop PC assembled.

Then in your latest post, you wrote:

I would like to tell you that I purchased the PC 3 years back. But monitor is new.

That may not matter, I would like to know, when your problem started, when you got your new monitor?  You talked about two monitors in your first post, and it sounded like both of them would not work with your PC but did work on other PCs.

So what happened, did you suddenly one day have nothing displayed on your monitor, or did something else happen?

From your answers to my questions, it sounds more like the motherboard video may be the problem.