Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Laptop boot time help (involves graphic drivers)

idata
Employee

Now, my laptop has a history of taking over 90 seconds to boot. However, I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer to get a fresh start on this machine. This corrected my boot time issue, and it was still booting in under 30 seconds as I was adding all of my old files and folders back.

However, today I decided to install an update for my laptop's graphic drivers. After I installed it, my laptop once again took an extremely long time to boot (taking up to 2 minutes to get to the desktop). It spends a LONG time on the Windows loading screen. Here are the steps I have taken to restore the driver:

1) The Roll Back option was grayed out, so I uninstalled the driver

2) After restarting and logging back in, Windows automatically installed a generic WDDM driver for me

3) After restarting again, Windows Update supplied me with a video card driver.

4) I installed the video card driver supplied from Windows Update and everything is fine again

Here are the specs for my laptop:

Model: Dell Latitude E5400

Graphics: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

RAM: 4GB

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ

The latest version of this driver is 15.17.12.2226. The version on my laptop is 8.15.10.2202. I'm a person that likes to have everything updated, so this is going to bug me overtime.

Has anybody else ever had an issue like this?

By the way, another thing I tried was that I downloaded the Zip file off of Intel's site. Instead of running a setup file to install the driver, I used Device Manager to update/install the driver, but installing with that method still caused incredibly long loading times.

Thank you and any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies