Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14517 Discussions

Core i5-680 vs. ASUS motherboard

TOrel
Novice

Dear community!

I have Core i5-680 processor and ASUS P7P55D-E EVO (BIOS version is 0609) motherboard (+ ASUS video card). When I start system there is no image on display, CPU and memory lights on motherboard switch on and then off but VGA led stays on. Checked with other video card, even on another P7P55D-E EVO motherboard - same problem.

Is it posiible that this is because of old version of BIOS? Reffering to ASUS website i5-680 supported only since 0806 version of BIOS.

Thank you in advance.

Taras

6 Replies
idata
Employee

Yes it is more than liklely.

You shoudl contact Asus and see what they say, but yes my guess is the BIOS

0 Kudos
TOrel
Novice

They've suggested to update BIOS but it looks like they're not sure

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As you say tehir support site says it needs version 806, therefore thats what you go by.... maybe they are not sure whether you will be able to update the BIOS with that CPU...you might need one that is compatible with the current BIOS version

0 Kudos
TOrel
Novice

My previous motherboard was able to start even with BIOS version that doesn't support CPU (ASUS P5K and Core 2 Duo). I was able to update BIOS by myself using EZFlash. Stranga that this time BIOS doesn't support my i5 completely

OK, I will wait until motherboard seller update BIOS. Thak you for your replies.

0 Kudos
TOrel
Novice

Issue was resolved by BIOS update

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm glad you got it sorted! enjoy your system!

0 Kudos