0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2010 6:26 AM by GrandAdmiralThrawn

Newest Graphics Driver gives DXVA on WinXP! Or not?! Can't get it to work..

GrandAdmiralThrawn

Greetings!

I was VERY, VERY, VERY excited when I found out, that the latest Intel Graphics driver supported DXVA (DirectX Video Acceleration) on Windows XP, which I have on my subnotebook.

The version is 14.42.8.5303 (6.14.10.5303), and the release notes are to be read here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/19412/eng/relnotes_xp_gfx.htm

It says there as a new feature:

"Hardware Accelerated VC-1 (VLD) & H.264 (VLD) Video Decode in Windows XP"

Now, I tried with Mediaplayer Classic Homecinema, both with Haali Media Splitter + FFDshow and internal splitters/decoders, no luck. Then I tried KMPlayer, no luck. VLC no luck. Windows Media Player with FFDshow+DXVA enabled for H.264+VC-1..  no luck. It just doesn't seem to work at all. DXVA Checker says it's there, if I understand its output correctly, but still..

I guess I'm just doing something wrong here or the driver doesn't deliver any DXVA capabilities? I would like to ask, what software configuration I should use exactly, to get DXVA to work.

My aim is to play Blu-Rays on the subnotebook, since a BD burner is built-in, but my CPU alone is simply too weak to handle the load of a 1080p BD. At the moment I am testing with MKV container files with H.264/AVC video streams inside.

Configuration:

===

Sony Vaio TT45/X

Intel Core 2 Duo SU9600 (1.6GHz dual core ULV)

4GB DDR-III/1066

Intel GS45 chipset including GMA 4500MHD GPU.

Windows XP Pro x86_32 SP3, fully updated

Latest DirectX 9.0c from June 2010

Latest WMP, MPC-HC, KMPlayer, VLC, FFDshow Tryouts, Haali Media Splitter

Pleaaase help! Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Michael Lackner