5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 10:39 AM by Wentzell

Your system's firmware did not preserve the system memory map across the hibernate transition. error on Windows 7

Wentzell

Your system's firmware did not preserve the system memory map across the hibernate transition. If you proceed with resume, your system could behave in an unexpected manor after resume completes. It is recommended that you save all your data and reboot the system after resume finishes. Kindly check for a firmware update with your system vendor as it may fix this problem.

( Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice.)

Continue with system resume
      Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu.

I looked it up and every site I go to shows how to fix this but only for laptops I have a desktop.

Here's the spec's of my computer:

Emachines H5019 Intel Pentium 4 516 2.93GHz 2.23 GB ddr PC3200 memory, 2 500GB SATA hard drives, 500 watt power supply, Intel desktop board D915GAG I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit installed. Does anyone know what causes this error and how to fix it? My computer resumes  and works great on the most part but is running alittle slower then normal from time to time.

Also I tried to update the Bios like that one web site said to try so I went to the Intel site to get the newest Bios update and tried to install it and got this error

Severe !

This program is unable to continue. Internal system error. There is a programming or internal problem