2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2010 2:33 AM by evainsster

Board Problem

evainsster

I have Desktop System Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80 GHZ and with Intel desktop Board, and currently using windows xp
      I have seen many errors after a improperly shutdown , i have re installed the OS twice but the problem exists

My all System USB Ports are unable to identify any usb device , it does not detect any device attached, or not identify any of the devices, but when i connect any portable usb hdd it (HDD displays Power On) but windows cannot detect it

Secondly When i try to install drivers using the autorun desktop board cd , i got the error "Current System is not an Intel Board" But If i install the drivers setup files manually it installs successfully
      I am getting error in Device manager in the processor sections for Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I have installed Bios Agent Plus and get the following

BIOS Type: AMI
      BIOS Date: June 12th 2008
      BIOS ID: 63-0100-000001-00101111-031308-Chipset-0AAAA000
      BIOS OEM: BIOS Date: 03/13/08 17:38:29 Ver: 08.00.10 - PRG3110H.86A.0052.2008.0612.1910
      Chipset: Intel 29C0 rev 16
      SuperIO: Unknown
      Manufacturer: Unknown
      Motherboard: Unknown

I have found the Board series on MotherBoard its DG31PR Series board , i have downloaded the lastest bios update flash and run it .... its restarted show "Preparing update" after the "Updating" it was hanged and still worked for 10-20 min and then restarted on first step without showing "Done" or completing ....

Now the system is out of display ... its beeps 3 times and then dont display anything.....

Now is there any thing to solve the problem .... please help me in this matter

• 1. Re: Board Problem
          evainsster

http://i51.tinypic.com/2uy0i8x.jpgIs Anybody Alive there?

I have use the BIOS Recovery method defined in Intel Documentation, removed the bios recovery jumper , and the computer again hanged for 1+ hour on the first step of flashing bios  after waiting long time i have restarted the system

Now In Recovery Mode or the normal mode computer does not start and its now still beeps Continuously four times a  session, and the screen shot i am attaching please see that and advice me now what to do.....?? Buy a new board or anything with the board

• 2. Re: Board Problem
            b.lendering

I can't say for sure, but it sounds like the BIOS is corrupt. If you cannot get the BIOS flashed normally, and you don't get any meaningful error messages it sounds that way.

Waht you try is to take out the CMOS battery again, flip it over and return it the board. Then boot it up, turn it off and flip the battery into the correct position again. This should force the BIOS to revert to the standard settings. And what happens if you take out all of the components excluding the CPU and boot up the system? Do you get any messages or extra beeps?

If that doens't work, I suggest that you return the board to the dealer and see if you can get a replacement.