0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2010 10:19 PM by Intel_Devotee

G45 (X4500HD) Integrated Graphics and System Crashes

Intel_Devotee

I was wondering if anyone else using the G45 (X4500HD) integrated graphics chip has encounted frequent system crashes (aka total system lockups).

PLUS, if these crashes happened specifically on systems using any of the Intel drivers including the latest one, in the specific LCD monitor graphics mode of 1440 x 900 x 32-bit x 60Hz.

The reason I ask is that my VGA-cable-connected LCD monitor of that forementioned native resolution finally died.  The SuperMicro C2SEA system, with the X4500HD chip, crashed frequently with a highly garbled video screen and annoyingly repetitive audio (i.e. while I was watching a video capture card's stream in either SDTV or HDTV).  This crash always required a hard reboot.  The entire system is always kept very cool at under 100F and the CPU itself, under 120F so the north and south bridge chips were kept very cool compared to their maximum operating temps.

The interesting thing is that I am now using an old 21" CRT running at 1600 x 1200 x 32-bit x 85Hz on the C2SEA system with X4500HD chip.  And, ZERO system crashes/lockups/garbled-video.

Is there a problem with the 1440 x 900 resolution, the X4500HD chip, and Intel's drivers??  Is the 1440 x 900 resolution not a 'de facto standard' as compared to the 1600 x 1200 resolution which has been accepted as a de facto standard and this is the culprit?

Thanks for any others' stories that may help me out here.