8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2010 5:29 PM by

2 Short Beeps on DP45SG

Juan

Hello Intel Support Community.

I decided post here because I have different problems to configure my system with an Intel DP45SG Motherboard.

This board emits two short beeps on post.

Here the video:

What is the meaning of these beeps?

In different occasions  my board doesn't post without beeps. Black screen random, no post errors.

The specifications of my rig are:

Board:

Intel DP45SG

Board Version: AAE27733-403

Bios version: SGP4510H.86A.0125.2010.0121.1927

CPU:

Intel Core2Quad Q9550 @ 2.8Ghz (No OC)

Stepping: A

Revision: E0

Memory:

Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333Mhz 1Gb x 2 (Dual Channel in blue slots)

Model: PC3-10600

In automatic mode

Voltage: 1.5V

Latency: 9-9-9-24

Frequency: 1333 Mhz

GPU:

Ati HIS 4850 IceQ 1Gb GDDR3 PCIe x16

PSU:

Corsair HX650W

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2253LW

O.S: Windows XP SP3 x86

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: 2 Short Beeps on DP45SG
          Doc_SilverCreek

Hopefully someone who knows this specific board will get back with you. Which the great movie I had to give you a responce.

I believe the beeps are most likely a USB keyboard being detected in legicy mode

Lack of beeps could indiate a USB keyboard issue or some other issue before yo uget that far in the POST process.

The TPE http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15995/eng/DP45SG_TechProdSpec.pdf  May give you some addtion debug information.

• 2. Re: 2 Short Beeps on DP45SG

Doc_SilverCreek, thank you for your reply and comments.
            And yes, I have a Wireless Keyboard and mice USB.
            In the BIOS setup USB legacy mode is enabled.
            Should I disable this function or another USB option?

Best regards.

• 3. Re: 2 Short Beeps on DP45SG
              mechbob

I can't get your vidoe to play , But I have had serveral of these boards and they are Notrious for having Bad connections in the RAM slots Try Moving the RAM to the other slots and that will tell.

• 4. Re: 2 Short Beeps on DP45SG

Well I changed the memory from the blue slots to the black slots and the situation no changes. 2 short beeps on boot.

Really it's a  headache... I thought that somebody in this community could help me, but seems that nobody knows what is the meaning of these beeps on boot.

I will e-mail Technical Support.

Thank you.

• 5. Re: 2 Short Beeps on DP45SG
                  mechbob

Ok I finally got your video to play , It's sounding like the BIOS is looking at something before POST , If you can get in your BIOS , Do this, go to the BOOT Order and make sure the hard drive with the Operating System on it is FIRST IN LINE of the BOOT order , you may have to go into advanced mode to change the BOOT order. By default the BIOS will look for a Floppy drive the DVD burners , card readers and anything else. Than it looks for a BOOTable HD , SO this all takes time and your sys may be timing out. By putting the HD with the OS first in line the BIOS will skip looking for all the other items. Put your Ram back where it's suppose to be. Save changes and exit , see if it boots normally. Give this a try and let me know what happened. Bob.

• 6. Re: 2 Short Beeps on DP45SG

Robert, thank you for your response.

I verified the menu order on boot and this is correct apparently.
                    Boot order is:
                    Optical device: CDRW
                    HDD: WD with O.S
                    Boot on USB, Lan and others are disabled.

These beeps are emits always that motherboard starts boot.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: 2 Short Beeps on DP45SG
                      mechbob

You want to change that so the HD with the OS is in front of the DVD , it has to be first in line.

• 8. Re: 2 Short Beeps on DP45SG

ok, I changed the order boot, HDD with O.S at first line and nothing. The same issue.

Thank you for your interest and time to help in the community.