6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 10:16 AM by mechbob

problem with DG45ID motherboard

suresh_slm

I had bought a Intel DG45ID boardin Aug 2009. I have a problem now. The system keeps rebooting even if I stop at bios prompt for more than 5 minutes.I contacted the dealer from whom i purchased the machine but he request me to contact intel support.Tried sending a mail to support@intel.com but it bounced back Please let me know the contact numbers/mail ids in bangalore.

• 1. Re: problem with DG45ID motherboard
          Flying_Kiwi

suresh_slm wrote:

I had bought a Intel DG45ID boardin Aug 2009. I have a problem now. The system keeps rebooting even if I stop at bios prompt for more than 5 minutes.

What makes you think this is a motherboard issue and not something else such as the power supply (PSU) or a cooling issue (which can also cause spontaneous rebooting)? Intels contact details in India are available on their website but I really think your supplier should do more to ascertain what's causing the rebooting before passing the buck. A one year old motherboard is unlikely to suddenly develop a fault causing this symptom out of the blue without being tampered with or treated incorrectly/subjected to abuse. More information on the PCs history is needed to get to the bottom of this. Installing Intel Desktop Utilities may also be some help.

• 2. Re: problem with DG45ID motherboard
            suresh_slm

I have  checked at a local service centre... he tried with a different RAM, HDD and power supply units. Still the problem persists.

with respect to cooling system, the board fan and also the cabinet cooling fans function properly.

The service center's suggestion is to contact support at intel's website... but I could not log a ticket to intel's support desk, hence I requested for further help in this regard.

• 3. Re: problem with DG45ID motherboard
              mechbob

Try disconnecting most of your perferials , Like DVD burner Card reader and any non-esential components and see if it reboots. Check the BIOS , what # do you have right now?? while in the BIOS go to hardware monitor and look at volts . and CPU temp . with all the stuff disconnected start the computer and see if it re-boots. If it works OK than hook up the componets one at a time and see when the problem comes back Process of elimitation.

• 4. Re: problem with DG45ID motherboard
                Doc_SilverCreek

Support web link http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=desktop

BUt i woul look at Roberts post as well as checking your event logs of any strange entries

• 5. Re: problem with DG45ID motherboard
                  suresh_slm

We tried the same ... It reboots even at BIOS prompt with out DVD & HDD and other pheripherals.

The voltage at BIOS monitor prompt is fine, the same is checked with different Power suppy unit as well, but the problem persists.

• 6. Re: problem with DG45ID motherboard
                    mechbob

You still havent  told us what BIOS you are using ???