4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2011 7:56 AM by Daniel.Sprenger

IAMT with extended partitions

Daniel.Sprenger

Hi,

I'm testing around with Active Management with an Intel Core i5-760 (as client) and the MDTK (as console).

I tried to map a drive by the way described here (http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-4785) using SOL/IDER and the linux-image.

At my first computer there is a first partition as the 100mb primary bootpartition of win7, on primary partition 2 is windows 7 installed and primary partition 3 is for data. All three partitions are mapped correctly, so everything is fine.

At the second computer there is a first partition as the 100mb primary bootpartition of win7 and an extended partition which contains a logical partition with the installation of windows 7 and another logical partition for data. But with this, something went wrong.

Computer displays:

1) /dev/sda1 * 1 13 104391 7 HPFS/NTFS

2) /dev/sda2 ERROR CREATING A SHARE FOR THIS DEVICE

With trying net use command only the folder sda1 is available, which seems to be the bootpartition of Win7. The only difference I can match between both settings is the extended partition in system 2.

Doesn't Intel AMTv6 support extended partitions (I can't find any hint) or is there another setting I just forgot?

Giving you my regards

Daniel Sprenger