Yes you should download new Intel Proset from http://support.intel.com . But first remove privies version of Intel Proset from your OS control panel .....
Then follow these tip for secure your wireless connection strength .
The operating distance or range of your wireless connection varies significantly based on the physical placement of the Router. For best results, place your Router.
- Near the center of the area in which your wireless stations will operate.
- In an elevated location such as a high shelf.
- Away from the potential sources of interference, such as PCs, microwaves, and cordless phones.
- With the Antenna in the upright position.
- Away from large metal surfaces
54Mbps (802.11g) - Both 802.11g and 802.11b wireless stations can connect to the Router.
- 11Mbps (802.11b) - Only 802.11b wireless stations can connect to the Router.
I don't know what type of system you have.
I don't know what Operating system you are running.
I don't know which NIC is in the system,
Hmmmm, Try this
The Intel NIC guys must have seen you comming. I have always wonder why they like to make such HUGE driver packages, and know I know.
This package covers nearlly every network controller Intel has ever made. (It is a 100M download)