I tried updating the HSC on a SR2625UR with this firmware (2.16) with no issues. I just ran the script file included in the zip & it went well. I was able to go from 2.09 to 2.16 without any issues. I wish I had tried going to 2.15 first to see if I can replicate your issue.
To answer your question about a jumper on the backplane, I am not aware of any jumpers that would allow you to force update the firmware of the HSC.
One thing you could do though is to re-seat your bridge board. Hope this helps.
First thing kindly confirm SYSTEM SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS/REVISIONS .
BMC 43 or higher
- BIOS revision:
R0035 BIOS or higher
- FRUSDR 02 or higher
Updating using your own utility or switches is unsupported, and may leave your HSC in a non-functional state.
Firmware Installation Procedure (Requires HSC firmware already running):
1) Unzip the release package, and copy the contents onto removable media.
2) Boot to EFI, and change directories to the release directory.
3) Run the provided x625HSC215.nsh file.
4) The HSC will receive a boot code update. This could take up to 13
minutes to upload and verify.
5) After verification, the firmware requires 60 seconds to finish
updating. The front-panel power and reset buttons will be placed in
secure mode during this time. Any attempts to access these buttons
will result in security violation entries in the system event log.
Please do not reset or remove power from the system during this time
as any interruption could leave the HSC inoperable.
6) Please update your BMC's SDR package to the latest version.
7) Please reboot your system.