The IOH controler on MB S5520HCR is burning having temprature more than 90 F. Is it normal.
This is happening when noload is on the server.
- Power Supply 700W
- Intel S5520SC motherboard, BIOS 54 (updated to latest version 10/11/10)
- dual E5620 2.26GHz Xeons
- Intel BXSTS100A Active heat sinks with fixed fans
- 3x8GB ECC Registered RAM Kingston
- ROCKET RAID 2460X4
- 1 X SEGATE SAS 2TB HDD 7200 RPM RAID JBOD
- 3 X FUJITSU 146GB HDD 15K RPM RAID JBOD
- OS Windows 2003 R2 Server updated to latest patches
Seems fine for me, as long as the Operating Temperature is within specification: 0º C to 55º C 1 (32º F to 131º F)
Do you have the latest NIC driver installed? If not you may experience poor performance. See http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/CS-031086.htm