4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2010 2:32 PM by Diego_Intel

Bios installation error: There is a programming or internal problem

wololo
      Hi,
      I'm trying to to install a BIOS update using PRG3110H.86A.0071.EB.EXE for the DG31PR board.  The OS is Windows 7 64bit.
      I'm constantly recieving an error:
      This program is unable to continue. Internal System error: There is a programming or internal problem.
      Any ideas what the problem is?
      2010-10-16_224848.png
        • 1. Re: Bios installation error: There is a programming or internal problem
          mechbob

Try running the up date again BUT this time Disable all of the security software you have on your sys , and I mean everything. Best way is to do it OFF Line.

• 2. Re: Bios installation error: There is a programming or internal problem
            wololo

Tried installing using Safe Mode and running the exe as admin.  Both methods ends up with the same error.

• 3. Re: Bios installation error: There is a programming or internal problem

Hello,

I have been having this problem long time ago and could not find an answer from Intel forums, now I decided to try a bit more

Some good guy from the forum recommend me to use the Intel Integrator Toolkit, but I have no luck... still the same problem explained here.

I also created a DOS boot disk (so there is no windows security or stuff like that) and the problem still the same... here I post the image of the updating process from DOS that fails with a "Technical information: (0x8000000B, 1293)" error... and something about "384 bytes overflow"...

Here is the image: http://yfrog.com/n1img00140201012081453j

And here my Intel Board ID: http://yfrog.com/b8img00141201012081520j

BIOS VERSION: PRG3110H.86A.0065.2009.0421.1559

(so I am using the right bios version update)

It could be really helpful to update my bios because I am getting some system restarts and the windows event viewer says something about "\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\EBIOS32.SYS" and googling it recommends to update bios firmware.

Thanks,

S.

PD: the only different thing I installed on my BIOS is a custom splash screen, may that be a problem?

• 4. Re: Bios installation error: There is a programming or internal problem
                Diego_Intel

At this point I would suggest you to attempt a BIOS recovery update to prevent(or bypass) any possible conflicts with the operating system running through the operating system and the express BIOS update.

You can use the instrcutions on this site:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-023360.htm

Be sure to disconnect all peripherals not required for the update, even the mouse, keyboard, hard drives and any other CD/DVD ROM, this may take up to 15 minutes even if there is no display on the system

In addition, try to clear the CMOS removing the CMOS battery and all power cables from the power supply to the motherboard, leaving the system without power for 20 minutes at least before you attempt the BIOS recovery, this would reset and refresh the Management Engine of the motherboard.

If you still have problems to flahs the bios, try using an older BIOS version (not the latest one), try using one in the middle instead, and if it works then try to go for the latest.