6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2010 2:49 PM by Salem_Intel

DH55HC event 27 e1kexpress 82578DC network link disconnected

jjwolf

Two new boards, latest bios, latest drivers and I get event 27 warning every time computer goes into standby.  One Intel support tech tells me to return boards as they are defective and tech support person tells me to ignore the message, everything is fine.  Can anyone guide me?  Is this normal?  Can this be fixed? Should I return the boards under 30 day return policy? 

Only other problem that I've had is that a couple of times after a Microsoft update, when it instructs you to restart, in doing so I get BSOD, saying something to the effect of unexpected termination.   Normally, boot, restart, shutdown seems to be okay.

• 1. Re: DH55HC event 27 e1kexpress 82578DC network link disconnected
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

We have not had similar cases reported nor do we have a known issue with such an error message.  Before concluding the boards are bad, I would like to check on how your systems are set up:

1- Detailed issue description:

2- System Configuration:

* Board Altered Assembly Number (AA#):

Note: The AA# is located on a white sticker, right on the board itself (see http://tinyurl.com/6j8nbf).  It can also be accessed in BIOS, under Additional System Information (Main Menu; see http://tinyurl.com/m2updf)

* BIOS Version:

* Power Supply [please, include the brand, model and wattage]:

* Processor [please, include the core speed, FSB (Front Side Bus) and cache]:

* Memory module(s) [please, include the brand, size, frequency and part number of the memory module(s)]:

* Add-in card(s) (please, include the brand and model):

* Operating System:

• 2. Re: DH55HC event 27 e1kexpress 82578DC network link disconnected

Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection

Network link is disconnected.

e1kexpress

- EventID 27

[ Qualifiers]  40964

Level 3

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

EventRecordID 35574

Channel System

- EventData

Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection

0000040002003000000000001B0004A00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001B0004A0

This warning occurs randomly when computer goes into sleep.   Power saving is default balanced setting.  The warning at times occurs every 3 to 5 minutes and at other times it may only occur once in a few hours.  This is happening on two systems one has Vista 32 bit SP2 the other has Windows 7 64 bit.   This occurred with factory shipped BIOS version 28(?), version 39 and now 40.

The only user changes made to factory default bios settings has been to memory settings as explained below.

Boards AA#  E70933-501 and E70933-502

CPU is i3-540 @ 3.06 bus 133.1 mhz, L1 data 2x32, L1 Inst 2x32, L2 2x256, L2 4mbytes

Power supply is Antec TPII 480.  Per Intel Desktop Utilities voltages are very close to dead center in green zones.

Memory is GSkill 2Gx2 1333Hz Prt# F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH.  Auto setting was 9,9,9,24 and I reset to 7,7,7,21.  I have run 6 hr memtest with no errors. 

There are no add-in cards.   I am using integrated video.  Attached hardware: MS Intellimouse 1.1A usb,  Seagate hard drive, Dell 1905FB lcd, and rather ancient IBM keyboard from 1993.

Using both Vista 32 bit SP2 & Windows 7 64bit.

• 3. Re: DH55HC event 27 e1kexpress 82578DC network link disconnected
              Salem_Intel

Hi,

Based on the additional information you've provided, to narrow down the cause of the problem, I'd recommend the following:

1. Remove the LAN card from Device Manager.

2. Restart the system into BIOS by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

3. If the problem continues, and just to be 100% sure, we would next suggest the following:

3.1. See to it your Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-540 Processor is core stepping C0 (SLBMQ), as this is the only one currently supported:

http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?Boardname=dh55hc

3.2. If yours is C0, indeed, and if it is possible, try with officially tested memory.  I checked on our tested memory lists (click here) and that of G.Skill's (click here) and noticed memory part# F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH is not listed amongst.

• 4. Re: DH55HC event 27 e1kexpress 82578DC network link disconnected

I appreciate your help!

I uninstalled LAN via device mgr.  I reinstalled driver via disk that came with motherboard.  Than I upgraded to latest driver on Intel support site.

Using either of the two LAN drivers I get the warning message.

I followed instructions to reset BIOS.  I still get warning message.

Yes, I have SLBMQ stepping.

I received a new error and a critcal one during sleep mode both happened at same time and only this one time.  I was not around to know if there actually was a power outage.

Event 6008

The previous system shutdown at 6:26:40 PM on 11/3/2010 was unexpected.

Event 41 Kernel-Power

The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, failed, or lost power during the sleep transition.

Unfortunately, I'm now past 30 days since purchase.  I will contact G.Skill to see what they recommend to determine if this is memory issue.

• 5. Re: DH55HC event 27 e1kexpress 82578DC network link disconnected

GSkill is not familar with what might cause the network error message.  They do not believe this is a memory problem as I do not have any other symptoms.  And when I come out of sleep mode, the computer returns to state it was before going to sleep.  For example all application windows, mail program, browser, etc, are restored.

I didn't point it out before but, I am using two different power supplies on each of the two boards; an Antec TPII 480 and an Antec Neopower 480.

Is this a known issue? What does this warning message mean?  Is this a warranty issue?  Should my motherboards be replaced?

• 6. Re: DH55HC event 27 e1kexpress 82578DC network link disconnected
                    Salem_Intel

Hi,

After further-checking, we confirm the symptoms described are actually expected when the unit goes into sleep mode, depending on the settings of the Operating System and the selected sleep state.

As for 'Event  27', it could be related to the Operating System or the downloaded update from Microsoft. It usually happens when setting up a Subordinate Certification Authority; see the following URL for more details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273037