1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 2:09 PM by Salem_Intel

DG35EC shuts off USB after POST

I've got a brand new DG35EC mobo. I went into the BIOS, enabled the USB configuration, but everytime the system boots up, it shuts off the USB ports. I upgraded the BIOS to 118 from 112, no help. I even got a USB to PS2 adapter hoping to at least have a mouse usable after booting, that's not working either. ANy thoughts out there? Right now I've pulled out the CMOS battery to see if that helps. Anything else I can/should try? Thanks

• 1. Re: DG35EC shuts off USB after POST
          Salem_Intel

Hi!

As extra troubleshooting, I'd recommend the following, just to be 100% sure:

Reboot the system into BIOS by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

If the problem continues, test with another power supply.  "The minimum recommended power supply is 300 W." (qtd. on page 52 of the Technical Product Specification).  Please, refer to the following URL for further power supply requirements:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-012037.htm