1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2010 3:57 PM by Salem_Intel

DP43BFL and nvidia GeForce 9800GT

ngimmill

I have just changed my motherboard. I had a previously a D915GAV which worked without any problem with a nvidia 9800GT

I have now a DP43BFL with 2 DDR3 1333Mhz 2G RAMs, Core2 Quad 3Ghz (Q9650) and the nvidia card. Any application that uses the graphic card (games for example) make all the system crash (even reset switch doesn't work!).

This is a simple configuration. : nothing in the four PCI slots.

Latest releases of software have been installed :

- Windows XP 32bits SP3

- Motherboard BIOS : 0085 (7/28/2010)

- Chipset INF files : 9.1.2.1008 (9/29/2010)

- nvidia drivers : 258.96 (07/19/2010)

Crashes arise on a new (fresh installed) windows xp sp3, on linux (latest nvidia drivers) as soon as a opengl application is launched.

Tests with another nvidia card (9500 GT) have been made : same problem

Different DDR3 RAMs have been used without solving the issue :

- DDR3 1333 2G from Kingston (KVR1333D3N9/2G)

- DDR3 1066 2G from Kingston (KVR1066D3N7/2G)

BIOS parameters for memory management have been changed from automatic to user specified : same problem

Different power supplies (750W) have been tested, and no heat overload problem.

Well ... after all this things ... just one question : it is possible to have a compatibility problem between this motherboard and nvidia graphic cards ?

• 1. Re: DP43BFL and nvidia GeForce 9800GT
          Salem_Intel

Hi!

Unfortunately, we do not have a tested graphics card list that we can share with you.  Generally, as long as the PCI Express* card complies with the PCI Express* Technology, it should work; for further details on this technology, please, refer to the following URL:

http://intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-012289.htm

You could also double-check with the video card manufacturer to see if they have a desktop board compatibility list of their own.

I do notice the Intel(R) Desktop Board D915GAV provide support for PCI Express Revision 1.0a (Click here) while the Intel(R) Desktop Board DP43BFL does for 1.1 (Click here).  Is your testing video cards 1.0a or 1.1.?