Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

16:9 to 16:10 tool?

idata
Employee

Hi,

At our company we test a lot of beamers on both 16:9 and 16:10 resolution ratio.

We all have Lenovo laptops, but with different Intel graphic chipsets. Those who have 16:9-only chipsets cannot test the 16:10 ratio beamers... they can, but not in the necessary resolution, which is 1280x800.

Instead of investing a lot of money in new laptops with the correct chipsets, isn't there a piece of software that can simulate the output to 16:10, on the recommended resolution: 1280x800? I've stumbled upon some ways of changing some strings in the system's registry, but that doesn't have any effect on the chipsets that do not support the resolution I indicated.

I've downloaded software like 'pstrip, 'moninfo' and 'multires', but that seemed a little too complicated for the people that are out, testing the beamers at customers. It should be as easy as possible

Anybody got a hint? I'm ripping my hair out soon..

Cheers!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi again, I found the solution by using Powerstrip, and add custom resolutions with that.

0 Kudos