1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 5:37 AM by withmenilu

DG43GT switch On error?

withmenilu

Hi guys I just got a DG43GT and each time I switch On the main power the PC boots up with no display and then shuts down. Then when I press the power button the PC successfully boots. Is this normal for Intel motherboards or it mine faulty?? Appreciate your replies....

withmenilu

• 1. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi it is nothing to worry about.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
            Percy1860

have you completly cut the power off for a long time ?

everytime when I add hardware or anything that need to unplug all wires

the same problem like yours happens

I press On, it shuts down and then I press On again

but as you say it happens each time, I didn't come up with that

• 3. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
              withmenilu

Hey Thanks for da answers Cpt.Dogfruit And Han this happens only when I switch on the PC da first time, after that if I shut it down and power it on it boots up perfectly but suppose I cut off the power and reconnect it the same problem comes up

• 4. DG43GT switch On error?

My pc[INTEL DG43GT motherboard] doesnt start when i press the power button for the first time. It become on for few seconds and stop.If i press the power button 2nd time it runs correctly. This happens when i turn off the switch from power supply board and start my computer.

What I do To it.............Plz give me the answer.............

• 5. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
                  withmenilu

I've been using it for almost a month now Bro it's normal if ur not satisfied then do a bios update @ ur own risk

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19316&ProdId=3123&lang=eng

• 6. Re: DG43GT switch On error?

HELLO

SIR

WHEN I START MY PC NEXT DAY FIRST TIME PC NOT START IN ONE SHOT .

AFTER SECOND TIME I SWITCH BUTON THEN START.WHATS PROBLEM IN MBD PL GIVE ME PROPER SOLUTION,

MANOJ SHARMA

FROM UNOIICOMP INFOSOLUTION PVT LTD

MO NO 9833876864

• 7. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
                      mechbob

Check the pin-outs on your board , you may have the re-set and the power-on , switched.

• 8. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
                        dg43gt-question

I've got the same problem with mine.

And one of my random beeps just happened when I hit the reply button.

• 9. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
                          withmenilu

No Bro all of us cant have switched the reset and power pins I think it's a manufacturing defect.....

• 10. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
                            withmenilu

Found the solution but I'm not prepared to go for it cos most of da time BIOS updates screw up the system

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19421

It was aparently a BIOS issue. So if you flash the BIOS to the latest version 0035 this bug is history. (AT YOUR OWN RISK)

BIOS Update Release Notes

PRODUCTS: DG43GT (Standard BIOS)

BIOS Version 0035 - GTG4310H.86A.0035.2010.01006.1525

About This Release:
                                 October 06, 2010
                                 ME Firmware: 5.2.0.1002
                                 Memory Reference Code: Based on Revision 2.81
                                 MEBx Code: Based on Version 5.0.5.0004
                                 Integrated Graphics Option ROM: Build 1800 PC 14.34
                                 LAN Option ROM: Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.53 IBA GE Slot 00C8
                                   v1353 PXE Base Code (PXE-2.1 build 089)

New Fixes/Features:
                                 Updated PXE Rom to v1353 PXE 2.1 Build 089.
                                 Fixed issue where multiple versions of the "Wake on LAN from S5"
                                   question exist in BIOS Setup.
                                 Fixed issue where system hangs with 8 GB memory and certain
                                   graphics card.
                                 Fixed issue where system only powers on when pressing the power
                                   button twice after power failure.

 Fixed issue with no display using certain PCI Express graphics
                                   card.

• 11. Re: DG43GT switch On error?

I updated my BIOS to the latest late in the day.  I won't be back at that computer till Friday, so I won't be able to confirm if it fixed it.

HOWEVER, my computer didn't blow up at all when I updated the bios (I have never had a problem updating any bios either)

• 12. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
                                withmenilu

IT WORKS !!!! Guys the latest BIOS 0035 (GTG4310H.86A.0035.EB.EXE) works a treat no more switch on errors for me, highly recommend the update to everyone. A BIG THANKS to the intel developpers for implementing this update....

• 13. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
                                  withmenilu

EDIT

Made a mistake over here folks, when I do a cold start the problem persists. PC shuts down and I have to switch it ON again.But after the (BIOS update) cold start if I disconnect and reconnect the power PC will not start automatically  which is good but as I said earlier when I do a cold start (disconnect power for a long time and switch on) PC shuts down and I have to switch it ON again....

• 14. Re: DG43GT switch On error?
                                    pbngem

I too did not see any change updating to Bios ver. 0035. If power to the board is interupted either by unplugging the power cord from the wall or hitting the kill switch on the power supply, as soon as power to the board is resumed it will start automatically and shut down again a few seconds later. I then have to press the power botton & the PC will start normally. I guess its no big deal since I figure it's just a characteristic of this board.  Another thing worth mentioning is that when I did the Bios update to ver. 0035, I had to first go into the ME menu by pressing ctrl + p  &  scroll down the menu to "update local firmware" & select "enable" & then exit. Otherwise, the bios update will halt & remain that way indefinitely.  I used the express bios method, but it would halt & I had to hit the kill switch on the power supply to restart the system to start over.

1 2 Previous Next