1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2010 7:20 PM by mauerpauer

Intel Wifi Link 4965AGN internal wireless not connecting to internet

mauerpauer

Hi everyone... I've been having an issue for 2 or 3 weeks now.  I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 and the network adapter is an 'Intel(R) Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN internal card.  It has not been connecting to the internet and I know it's not an ISP, router, etc problem, because we have 4 other laptops in the house that all connect just fine.  It cannot find any networks.  I downloaded a driver from this site for it, file names ICS_Dv32.exe and for a while I would run that and then it would work, sometimes for a couple hours, sometimes a couple minutes, and then disconnect again.  But now it will connect for 5 seconds then after 5 tries reinstalling the driver, connect 5 seconds then disconnect, etc.  Has this problem ever surfaced with anyone else?  Could it be something wrong with the physical card?  If I can't get it fixed I'm thinking of just spending the $20-30 to get a USB Wireless adapter, but is this problem something that could keep even that from working?  Thanks for any help!