Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20657 Discussions

Strange issue with new i3-540 CPU and DH55TC board

MMeet
Beginner

I have the combo listed in the topic installed in my HTPC, which smoked an old motherboard that had an Athlon on it. I figured I could use the integrated GPU to drive the HDMI port of my Optoma HD72 projector (720P).

Imagine my surprise when I saw that the playback of a recorded transport stream file using Beyond TV stuttered badly.

At first I figured it was a problem with Windows and old drivers still interfering with the GPU. So I reinstalled Windows, no change. Then I updated every driver in the system, and updated the BIOS, no change. I finally broke down and loaded the 8400GS graphics card I'd been using in the PCIx16 slot and everything worked fine.

I took a screen shot of Beyond TV's on screen menus which shows a strange behavior, the text is fuzzy. (The screen shot on the left is the i3-540, the screen shot on the right is the 8400GS). The interesting thing to note here is that the screenshots were taken through a VNC connection, so the problem isn't a display issue.

I have updated from the fresh XPSP2 load to SP3 and haven't had a chance to check the result yet, but it would seem odd that this would do anything. The desktop icons and text, btw, are sharp as a tack.

Playback in 3D mode is much better, but still not stutter free.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
0 Replies