2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 10:13 AM by lfrederic

Adaptec PCIe X8 Raid Card not detected with DP55KG

lfrederic

Hi all,

I am trying to boot a system with the DP55KP motherboard and the Adaptec 5805 raid adapter.  I am using the X16 slot for a NVidia video card and the X8 for the raid adapter.

The system boots and I can get to the bios but the raid card's bios menu doesn't show up.  I have used X16 slots with Highpoint Raid Cards with the DQ35JO motherboard and the DQ57TM motherboard as well and it worked.

Is the X8 slot on the DP55KG reserved for video only?  Is there any motherboard available at Intel that will support an i7 CPU with a graphic card and an X8 raid adapter?

Thanks,

Fred

• 1. Re: Adaptec PCIe X8 Raid Card not detected with DP55KG
          jpiszcz

> Is the X8 slot on the DP55KG reserved for video only?

No, I have 10gbps + 2 3ware RAID cards in my slots, x16, x8, x4.
          PCI video card, no problems.

Does your card work with the x16 slot?

The problem I have found is some boards do not have/allow enough initialization for the ROM of the RAID cards.

Also, the DP55KG did have issues with older bios', e.g. the card would not show up or work properly, but that was a long time ago.

What BIOS are you running?

Message was edited by: Justin Piszcz

• 2. Re: Adaptec PCIe X8 Raid Card not detected with DP55KG
            lfrederic

HI Justin,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The problem was in fact BIOS related. (Though the board was brand new, it was running a quite old Bios.)  I have updated the board to the latest bios which enabled more PCIE options in the Bios menu.  Updating the Bios also allowed me to use the X8 slot for my raid card.  My system now runs fine on a raid 6 setup.

Best Regards,

Fred