1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 9:47 AM by Boyet

Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz

Hello, I have a Intel DH55TC + Core i3 540M CPU,

until now I had 2GB of memory Kingston @1333 and everything worked fine, and today I spent a lot of money on 2x2GB OCZ GOLD VALUE DDR3@1333MHz (9 9 9 20).

But I see all sorts of bugs, PC crashing suddlenly and artefacts, I searched alot for this problem and I found that I need to set my memory voltage to 1.65V in BIOS, now it is 1.5.

How can I enable overclocking or something to increase that value to 1.65V?

I 've searched the net for hours, found absolutely nothing relevant. I hope I won't have to change my RAM, I'm going to sell it for 2/3 of it's real price

• 1. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
          achiav01

I had your same priblem: same motherboard, with same memory modules.

I ended up changing them for a pair of Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2_4G and all problems/bugs suddenly disapperared.

• 2. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz

TWO DAYS after posting that message I bought 2x2GB Corsair GOLD Value, the problem was the voltage, indeed. Everything works now..

• 3. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
              Boyet

ArthurianX wrote:

Hello, I have a Intel DH55TC + Core i3 540M CPU,

until now I had 2GB of memory Kingston @1333 and everything worked fine, and today I spent a lot of money on 2x2GB OCZ GOLD VALUE DDR3@1333MHz (9 9 9 20).

But I see all sorts of bugs, PC crashing suddlenly and artefacts, I searched alot for this problem and I found that I need to set my memory voltage to 1.65V in BIOS, now it is 1.5.

How can I enable overclocking or something to increase that value to 1.65V?

I 've searched the net for hours, found absolutely nothing relevant. I hope I won't have to change my RAM, I'm going to sell it for 2/3 of it's real price

To change the timings to 9-9-9-20 and voltage to 1.65V go to the bios and under the performance menu change the multiplier to manual and make the necessary changes.

Since it is a OCZ ram you might want to access their forum (ocztechnology.com) to learn more about your problem and the possible solutions.

• 4. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz

Intel DH55TC has the voltage limited to 1.5, even if you switch to manual, the voltage cannot be changed, that is one of the flawes this mobo has! Wish I'd knew about that before I bought it, but now I make due with what I have. People said that a future BIOS update would solve that issue, but there's been six months since that statement.

Anyhow....

• 5. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                  Boyet

So I guess your other choice is to use one of the memory tested  and listed by Intel. Intel needs to revised their TPS to reflect what you have stated regarding the ram voltage setting. 

• 6. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz

Well, I should've appropriately read forums with reviews and RAM tests, that was my bad, the entire thing is on OCZ forums (it should've been on intel forums , by now I think it is), since july, or june 2010, stating that memories with a voltage greater than 1.5V won't work on this motherboard, only with a physical modification, which would mean breach of warranty terms and so on, but, then again, I wonder why the option to change the voltage is not there? ... Is it a marketing decision, so that people would buy high end, more customizable (OC Ready), motherboards from Intel, I have no idea. That option is put there by 99% of the manufacturers, even on the low end side, and this mobo isn't on the low end side of their products.

I stopped thinking about this, I needed to put my workstation in working order very fast (because my last one got totally fried), and I lost a few bucks.

• 7. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                      Boyet

I did'nt know that for your board you can't change the ram voltage. I can change it in my mobo (DP55WB). I also have OCZ ram (platinum).

• 8. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                        mechbob

OCZ DDR3-1333 is ----- 10666 not 10600 , on most intel boards that extra 66Mhz causes problems.

• 9. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                          Boyet

Robert Gifford wrote:

OCZ DDR3-1333 is ----- 10666 not 10600 , on most intel boards that extra 66Mhz causes problems.

Can you please clarify and provide some proof of your statement?

• 10. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                            mechbob

I'm too old to rember how many years i'v been building computers , Comador. But I have seen this before it is in the specs of what the BIOS looks for . You would have to ask Intel why they write their BIOS that way . But in a Nut schell ,, it's in the BIOS. .

• 11. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                              Boyet

I think age is not a problem here and also nobody is asking for how many millions of computers you have assembled.  Also nobody wants to know who you are. You put that statement in the thread you should be able to supply the proof when someone ask.

• 12. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                                Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi, just thought i would add my cent.

the thing i have found with the ocz rams is that they are very specific. I mean you need to set voltages, latencies the trrd, tccd etc manually as generally on the intel boards it won't by default set them right for the ram. I had a friend with an intel board ocz ddr 1333, he started with 4GB everything seemed to work fine, after a wqhile added another 4gb and his system became unstable. In the end, i had to play around mainly with teh tras and the trfc to get it stable now works like a charm. Obviously if yu can't change these settings in the BIOS well...

• 13. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                                  Boyet

That's exactly what should be done with these ram from OCZ. However, according to the thread author the voltage can't be change. It is fixed at 1.5V. The tps update says that  it is already fixed by Intel.

• 14. Re: Intel DH55TC 1.65Voltage on OCZ 2x2GB DDR3@1333MHz
                                    That's exactly what should be done with these ram from OCZ. However, according to the thread author the voltage can't be change. It is fixed at 1.5V. The tps update says that  it is already fixed by Intel.

nothing is fixed yet, I updated to the latest BIOS firmware, nothing changed in the field PERFORMANCE, you cannot change the voltage manually, maybe they fixed it as in when you plug 1.6+V RAM in your slots they work, but the voltage can't be changed.

I saw people with other mobo's here, just to be clear, I am talking about Intel DH55TC.

1 2 Previous Next