4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 1:44 PM by Flying_Kiwi

WHS "Vail" drivers for DG45ID MB

spectrumsp

I'm attempting to load the WHS "Vail" beta (64 bit) on a DG45ID mb and can not locate any drivers...

Win 7 nor Vista will load...

Ideas?

• 1. Re: WHS "Vail" drivers for DG45ID MB
          Flying_Kiwi

The board is part of Intels Media Series so it's not meant to be running Server (incl Home Server) OS's.

What error message are you getting when attempting to load the 64 bit Win 7 drivers and are the files extracted from the driver executables? Which drivers does the Beta OS have built in? I'm not familiar with that OS but often Server OS's have services which utilise common desktop drivers turned off by default. This is because servers don't normally have sound cards or high performing graphics accelerators. Instead, rock solid stability and high I/O performance is desired.

• 2. Re: WHS "Vail" drivers for DG45ID MB
            mechbob

Why would you want to use a Media center board for a server??

• 3. Re: WHS "Vail" drivers for DG45ID MB
              spectrumsp

The response I get when I attempt to load the either the Win 7 or Vista 64 bit drivers is that they do not support this OS...and the WHO Vail OS is 64 bit...

I understand the general design of server and media MBs, but in this case, MSFT has designed an OS that also serves as a media server as well which can be attached directly to a media device...

Appreciate your thoughts on this...

• 4. Re: WHS "Vail" drivers for DG45ID MB
                Flying_Kiwi

spectrumsp wrote:

The response I get when I attempt to load the either the Win 7 or Vista 64 bit drivers is that they do not support this OS...and the WHO Vail OS is 64 bit...

Winzip or similar is often able to extract raw drivers/inf configuration files from driver executables. Sometimes driver executables extract their contents into temp folders and then delete them after realising an attempt is being made to install them onto an unsupported OS. If you copy the contents to another location beforte the installation program deletes the temp folder then you still have the raw files often. I've had luck doing that previously with another brand of motherboard, Windows XP drivers and Windows Server 2003. I doubt you'll get your hand held every step of the way however so some experimentation will be required!

1 of 1 people found this helpful